• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for some help

M
Jan 1, 2020
I'm currently trying to put a 700 tripple motor in a 95 xlt 600 tripple and the clutch does not line up with the secondary does anyone know what I am going to have to do

M
Jan 1, 2020
Currently after drilling new motor mount holes and moving the enginr I have 5/8 offset but belt is still visibly not straight

C
Nov 21, 2019
You're measuring the offset with a belt deflection gauge? Looking straight down on the whole thing is the front of the belt (on the drive clutch) pointed outboard or inboard?

C
Nov 21, 2019
Found this post from another forum, and it makes sense to me. I'm a noob though, so yeah.... My 94XLT has a great big shim on the jackshaft behind the driven clutch. "To check the offset without a tool, use a straight edge across the back of the primary and long enough to go past the secondary. Measure the distance from the straight edge. It should be 5/8". To change the offset, there are shims on the jackshaft near the jackshaft bearing and shims on the bolt that holds the clutch. If you need to move the clutch out to increase offset, remove the clutch, add a shim, then remove the same thickness shim from the bolt. "

C
Nov 21, 2019
Depending on how much it is pointed outboard, a thicker shim behind the driven clutch might work.
I read somewhere that Polaris had tilted the bigger engines forward X degrees to get around that. Which motor mounts do you have, the original to the sled or the ones that are for that engine?

C
Nov 21, 2019
If you don't have the shim behind the driven clutch, in between it and the jackshaft that's a big part of the problem. Careful using too much because that jackshaft has to have some freeplay to prevent sideloading the jackshaft bearing. That washer is a thick one. I can measure mine if that would help. Stock '94 XLT

Premium Features