• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for some help

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Never dealt with a triple, but generally the engine is angled slightly clockwise, like if you loosened all but the farthest engine mount and pushed forward on the primary clutch. The engine side of the secondary should be out from the alignment tool by around .040 with the far side touching. So it's not much of an angle. The secondary usually has a few washers on the bearing side, I think 1"ID x 1-1/4"OD, which are available in two or three different thicknesses. Then there should be a solid bushing the bolt goes through plus a stack of flat washers and a big end washer; as you add the washers on the bearing side, you also add to the outside to keep .030-.060 freeplay. The XLT is a Wedge chassis; was the engine from a different chassis? You might want to go shopping for a different engine plate, could be you just need one for a Wedge with a standard (non-monoblock) triple. Not sure on that, but while you can make just about anything work in these, it could be a lot of unnecessary work.

C
Nov 21, 2019
I have no idea what the stock 700 exhaust looks like so no help there. You might try Vintage Sleds website? They have some people that know a lot about Polaris stuff. best i can offer.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'd just go with stock jetting (or a step or two richer, if you're mixing and matching exhaust; shouldn't be a huge difference). If you've got EGT gauges sitting around, it wouldn't hurt. That said, I thought about buying an EGT setup, but in reading about it, it seems they don't really simplify tuning that much. Look up how to do a plug chop if you're not already familiar; same for piston wash.

Premium Features