• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for people to ride with.....

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
Well this is my fourth season riding and well my sledding exp has been a roller coaster i got into it right after i got out of the military and havent had much luck making new friends/riding buddys. Since day one i have had a hard time getting into a "group" and that's from people everywhere my home town and were i live now and people i have talked to out in the mountains when i have just went by myself. What i see sledders are some of the most "clicky" people i have ever seen. My neighbors ride and i have told them several times let me know if you got a spot or ill even drive my self, since kings hill is only 60 miles and yet never once have they, always say oh yeah for sure well let you know. But empty words. The sad thing is the people i have rode with the most is a group from WI that i meet up with at Cooke City when i wanted to go i posted on here for the week of Vac i had off and they invited me. And i have rode with them since once or twice a year. Thats about all i have to say i guess. But if anyone would like to invite me or is also looking for more to ride with a little about myself. I am almost 29, single guy, was in the Military for 6 years, now work for the DOT from Lewistown...ride a 12 pro 163 turbo, Got a crew cab 13 for f250 and a 2 place trailer...Well this is my last hooraaa to find some new friends before i put it all for sale. On that note i have Vacation for the week of 17-21 if anyone wants to go to cooke. Hope snowest can help me out in this aspect as it has for my sled.

And i am down to ride anywhere have only rode Cooke,West Y,Kings

Ryan

Last edited:
F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
Ryan, dont give up yet. I agree that some folks are kinda clickish but I guess you sometimes want to ride with a group you know. Most of the people we used to ride with began to retire and I thought' Wow' now we can go anytime. Then they quit riding and went to Arizona....Bummer. Our riding partner the past few years had major surgery and has been out so we have to ride by ourselves most of the time.
Sent you a pm. Fuzz

motodad383

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Don't give up. I know how you feel. Not many flatlanders my age want to ride the mts. I ride a lot with my 22 yr. old son and friends he raced MX with. I'd meet you in Cooke the 17th if I wasn't going to be at the Hillclimb. Planning a trip to Cooke over Memorial Wkend if you would care to ride then.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Next club meeting is March 10th in Lewistown, 7pm at the Legion. Usually a small group but a good place to meet other sledders. Make it if you can.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
My buddy and I today became a group of 5. Three guys whom we've never ridden with before. Basically met one on the internet and the other lives near me and pulled into my driveway to introduce himself last week.

No worries.

Had a good day.

Cold, wet and tired. Some of us even got stuck.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Well this is my fourth season riding and well my sledding exp has been a roller coaster i got into it right after i got out of the military and havent had much luck making new friends/riding buddys. Since day one i have had a hard time getting into a "group" and that's from people everywhere my home town and were i live now and people i have talked to out in the mountains when i have just went by myself. What i see sledders are some of the most "clicky" people i have ever seen. My neighbors ride and i have told them several times let me know if you got a spot or ill even drive my self, since kings hill is only 60 miles and yet never once have they, always say oh yeah for sure well let you know. But empty words. The sad thing is the people i have rode with the most is a group from WI that i meet up with at Cooke City when i wanted to go i posted on here for the week of Vac i had off and they invited me. And i have rode with them since once or twice a year. Thats about all i have to say i guess. But if anyone would like to invite me or is also looking for more to ride with a little about myself. I am almost 29, single guy, was in the Military for 6 years, now work for the DOT from Lewistown...ride a 12 pro 163 turbo, Got a crew cab 13 for f250 and a 2 place trailer...Well this is my last hooraaa to find some new friends before i put it all for sale. On that note i have Vacation for the week of 17-21 if anyone wants to go to cooke. Hope snowest can help me out in this aspect as it has for my sled.

And i am down to ride anywhere have only rode Cooke,West Y,Kings

Ryan
Hey man, don't give up!
We are planning to go west that week. Right now we have sled issues but hope to have them resolved by then!!!
We are looking at Cooke City or Rabbit Ears/Hahn's Peak CO.
I know your frustration with the click thing, but I will have to say, I believe the snowmobiling community is the most friendly and helpful group of people on the planet.
If you get around to it, send me a PM on as to what your thoughts are.
And thank you for serving our country! :amen:

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
thanks for the replies guys....ill be in touch hopefully if i ever get this doo poo working...taking it apart again!

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
We will be heading out west on the evening of March 20th going where there is decent snow. You are welcome to join us. Right now location is unknown, but would love to meet up if it works for you. Hoping Bighorns get snow as that is less of a drive for us from Bismarck, but Cooke would be great also if they keep getting new snow.

Premium Features