• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for my first sled!HELP!!!!!

W

wickster

Aug 23, 2019
well I got every powertoy in garage except sled,
going take plunge do it !I had trail sleds back east growing up but will be riding in southwern bc now and need some advice on which to get ,4 stroke ? 2 stroke ? new used ,don't want junk I got fix ,thinking of summit 800 or polaris800?,there one on craiglist for viper 1000 but its foutstroke ,too heavy?? idk any advise would be great!!!!!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Low mile 2013-2016 163” Skidoo summit. They are pretty much bullet proof and reliable.

K
Aug 24, 2019
SAME BOAT!

I didn't know whether to start my own post or piggy back on this one!

I am also looking for my first sled! I am based out of Portland, OR but don't work in the winter so I am just cruising around sledding all winter. I wont be sled necking much but using my sled to access backcountry ski zones!

I would really like to get something used around 4ish k that will be able to handle deeeep powder and fuel injected still powerful enough to double up with a buddy to do ski laps!

let me know if I am off my rocker with that price!
also if anyone knows of some good sled / ski zones in WA or OR gimme a hollar!

( I might need to start my own thread)

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I didn't know whether to start my own post or piggy back on this one!

I am also looking for my first sled! I am based out of Portland, OR but don't work in the winter so I am just cruising around sledding all winter. I wont be sled necking much but using my sled to access backcountry ski zones!

I would really like to get something used around 4ish k that will be able to handle deeeep powder and fuel injected still powerful enough to double up with a buddy to do ski laps!

let me know if I am off my rocker with that price!
also if anyone knows of some good sled / ski zones in WA or OR gimme a hollar!

( I might need to start my own thread)
Piggyback is totes cool. It’s all about learning and sharing experience. Carry on!

Premium Features