• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for info and reviews on new goose neck snowmobile trailers.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I’m looking to purchase a new goose neck snowmobile trailer. I want the trailer to be insulated and heated. I’d like an all aluminum trailer this time so looking for the good and bad in each brand. I’d want the trailer to be able to haul a sports car also.
So post your experience.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If you want the option to haul a car then that might put out the deck-over options like Trails West and Logan as the ramp angles will probably be too steep.

Our 25 year old Haulmark Edge has held up well overall. It is heavy though. All steel frame and they sheeted the interior with 3/4" plywood after the insulation, then the white finish board over top of that. Once we found that out mounting things to the wall became a non-concern (with proper sized hardware). No major structural issues.

A few things we've had to re-vamp over the years like the way the cabinets were mounted, door weather stripping, and a lot of the interior screws holding benches and trim were undersized and vibrated/pulled out after a few years. In the last 5 years we had to re-seal some seams in the front and around the roof vents. Whatever sealing compound they used finally just dried out, cracked, and started leaking. Working on the wiring for the clearance lights is a nightmare because they used just the right amount of wire and laid it into the wall framing in a way that you'd have to tear the whole trailer apart to replace it.

D
Nov 9, 2023
Minnesota
I just bought a new Logan Coach 29’ zbroz gooseneck. It was awesome to pull, and even better to use with the heat and other functionality. I have been very impressed with the build quality as even the fine details are thought out. The only thing I haven’t been impressed with is the battery life when you aren’t plugged in to shore power. I will be getting a generator for more remote use.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I don’t know if I’ve seen an aluminum goose neck sled trailer. I have had 4 ATC trailers and really like the build quality. while I’m a huge charmac fan of their steel trailers I would absolutely not get one of their aluminum trailers. The quality of welds is not even comparable to ATC or Intech.

just got my first gooseneck enclosed car hauler (ATC) a few weeks and and am really impressed with it.

when I was younger I had a couple Custom trailers built (trails west and charmac). While the amenities were nice the excessive weight was not ideal getting to remote parking lots. I can’t imagine how much you’d have to chain up with a Logan coach. After going to aluminum I wouldn’t go back.

Missinglink

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2023
Iowa
My brother and I have an aluminum gooseneck featherlite car trailer that we use for snowmobiles. The only steel on it is the gooseneck frame, jacks, and axles. No plywood either. I believe insulation is an option with featherlite but we opted to save money and do it ourselves. Took time to do but we're really happy with how it turned out. Put a couple diesel heaters in it as well. We have the 28' model. Can get 5 155" sleds real easy. Never had to get more in there but im sure we could get 6 if we needed to. Also pulls and rides really nice. My dad used it to pick up a dodge challenger this winter and it worked great for that. Sleds have to go in and out the back door but that's not a big deal since everything has reverse now days. We can also get 2 ranger or can am crews in there with no problem. A guy we ride with has a bumper pull featherlite that is aluminum as well. Has had it for 20 plus years and makes 3-4 2000 mile trips every year and it's holding up really well. Having that real world experience is why we went with the featherlite.

Last edited:

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
We are on our second Mission Elevation (38 foot gooseneck with 28 foot floor space/box). The first one was totaled in broad daylight by a lady who smashed into a 38 foot gooseneck legally parked. Second one is the same with a few changes we made after using the first one. We added ski guides so the sleds don't move around, extra D-rings that we don't really need anymore, floor insulation, handles by the door, modified ducts to make boot dryer actually function well. Our friends with Trails West tend to like the Mission better but suspect if one doesn't mind the weight/steel frame, Logan may be the way to go.

Premium Features