• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for clutching suggestions 2019 Alpha

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
Have a 2019 Alpha with BMP full exhaust and tune. Have MDS primary weights. Just looking for suggestions on what people are liking. I know there are a ton of variables out there. Ride in California mostly 7000' +. Thanks

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
There are dozens of clutch weights, springs and helix combinations that will all work on your Alpha. The MDS weights are one of the better options. If you aren't pulling your target shift speed with the MDS weights you currently have there are plenty of ways to remedy that problem. I would assume that with your full exhaust and tune, you are probably aiming for the 8,200-8,300 RPM range. I don't know what your specific issue is but, if you aren't pulling the suggested RPM either:

1. Remove some washers from the bolt in the end of the clutch weights. Or go to a lighter bolt.
2. Install a higher total force primary spring that will allow you to pull your current clutch weight.
3. Install a lower degree helix (45 degree in place of the 48 degree) in the secondary
4. Install a slightly higher total force secondary spring that will improve your backshifts

Premium Features