• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for a riding partner in Bozeman

G
Nov 24, 2018
Bozeman
Hello, I'm an amateur rider and I'm hoping to either join a group or someone on the weekends to go out riding. I really want to get into snowmobiling this winter and also better my riding skills. Hit me up with a PM if you're in Bozeman or the surrounding areas. Thanks!!

Last edited:

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Well, I'm an experienced amateur, meaning I generally know what's stupid and don't do it – the rest I improvise. I'd like to head that way at least a couple times this season. Cooke City and Top of the World are a little closer, but so far I've just been heading down with another friend riding an Indy SKS, which is fairly limiting. I hear Buck Creek has some good riding; if you're interested, let me know what your schedule is like and maybe we can work something out.

G
Nov 24, 2018
Bozeman
Aside from this coming weekend, I'm usually free every Saturday and Sunday. I can aslo get time off during the week I just need to plan it in advance. I think Buck Creek would be a lot of fun. I'm also down for going to Cooke city but a little later, perhaps around February if you're up to it around that time. You're the first person one to message me back, thanks for the reply!!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Yeah, I put out a similar thread last season and didn't get much. I think most people with a regular riding group are leery of inviting random people, ya never know whatcha gonna get. I used to just go up by myself – I didn't wander very far, but even so, it just seemed more risky than it was worth and not as much fun.

Anyway, I work out of state a week or two per month. Other than that, my schedule is pretty open. Saturdays are usually the best day for me, but I'm pretty flexible if I'm in town.

K
Feb 22, 2016
Belgrade MT
I live in Belgrade, I am new to the valley but not to mountain riding, I am no pro but am pretty sound on a sled. I have a pretty flexible schedule and need some buddies to ride with. I would be happy to link up.

srfink

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2013
Great Falls, MT
I roll through the Bozone several times a season. I'd like to tag along with whoever wants to ride. I have a pretty open schedule, especially after the first of the year. I try to stay a few nights in Cooke to make it worth while. Ride will be different this year for me as I switched from Doo to Poo. PM me if anyone is interested.

srfink

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2013
Great Falls, MT
Might be able to work that in. I'm supposed to go to a Xmas party, but trying to convince my wife that I "HAVE" to get my new whip broke in so I can ride with the boyz. I'll know more early next week. I think KTM131rob may want to ride as well. Believe he is in the same boat as far as additional duties.

S
Oct 21, 2017
I live in Belgrade too. Except I snowbike and it sounds like you all sled ?. I ride a lot and have buddies on sleds. Buck ridge is cool for both, and I ride a lot at Olson

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Unfortunately, I can't do the 15th. The 22nd might be good, or maybe earlier that week. I've got to figure out when family is going to be in town, but otherwise I'm pretty open through New Years (and probably a week or two beyond). I don't mind riding with snowbikes. I haven't rode one, or rode with one, so not sure how much difference it makes, but as long as no one's too picky! I'll keep checking back here – I'm sure something will come together.

srfink

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2013
Great Falls, MT
PM me as well. Even though I live in GF, I know I gotta travel to the good stuff. Keep me posted. Ill know more on Monday/Tuesday. Hopefully pick up my sled Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Oct 21, 2017
Don't jump to conclusions. I got a bike too...

Ya bud. I don't discriminate. Snowbike lives matter. I ride with sleds a lot. We use Baiofang radios to communicate, works good. I ride Bridgers a lot because I work up there, so I know Olson good. If anyone wants to ride there.

I-see-powder

Lifetime Membership
May 2, 2013
Livingston, MT
I’m in Livingston and am always looking for new people to ride with. We ride Cooke City, Tobacco Roots, West, all over. Primarily Saturday and/or Sunday. Hit me up.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Anything doing this weekend? Saturday might be a good day for me. I'm a little split on how much of an effort I want to make because I haven't had my sled out yet and I'm making some clutching/gearing changes, so I'm going to need to spend some time under the hood. I might just take it up above Red Lodge to get a feel of where I'm at, but thought I'd see if/where anyone else is riding. Looking forward, I'm hoping to have everything sorted in the next week or so and ready for a full-up ride the following weekend.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I rode with @Go890 last year; good guy, and it was a fun ride, but I haven't heard from him recently. I have a friend I thought I'd be riding with this season, but his wife is due and he's talking like he won't be riding at all. So I'm digging for people to ride with again!

Premium Features