• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for a new jacket? Motor fist or Klim?

messickzr

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Iowa
My wife loved her new motorfist Empress jacket. Fit great and she loved the liner. Give it a shot!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
I have 2 different close GFs who bought the Klim Alpine jacket this season, including myself all 3 of us LOVE IT! I would totally suggest it but make sure you get it big enough to layer under it if she's a little on the timid side with learning (she might not be working hard enough to stay warm and need a few more layers...)

A
Jan 17, 2013
Brady MT
SIZE comparison

For those of you who have tried Klim and Motorfist- how do the 2 compare size wise? I am in the larger sizes and wondering if Motorfist fits the same as Klim....
Thanks in advance!

I am sure that the snowmobiles brands are all pretty decent but my personal preference is Patagonia. I know that it is a ski/snowboard line but it is one of the best brands out there and better I think hands down than North Face, Mountain Hardware, HMK, Klim, etc. It has a very thin layer on the inside and all I have to wear is my base layer. It has zippers under the arms and all the zippers are water tight. Mine is the model with the Gortex and I have not been cold a day yet and we sled in MT and UT in some pretty high elevations with good wind chill. Runs a little more than other brands (I think mine was $470 for the coat) but I think it is well worth it. Plus I can still wear it outside of snomobiling and when I do some backcountry boarding during our rides.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
For those of you who have tried Klim and Motorfist- how do the 2 compare size wise? I am in the larger sizes and wondering if Motorfist fits the same as Klim....
Thanks in advance!

We just had a couple gals, actually sisters come into the store last week to try on bibs and coats. Here in the store we have full lineups of HMK, Klim, Motorfist, and a few hand selected pieces from other brands. These gals were more interested in "Snowmobile" jackets so they focused on Motorfist and Klim as they seem to be the most well known brands to the women in our store. One of them was a L and the other an XL. They both ended up getting the Alpine Parks from Klim, as they felt that they preferred to layer more rather than have a jacket with insulation built in. However they both agreed that the empress jacket from Motorfist being a 3 in 1 piece (outer jacket, interior liner which is wearable as a jacket on its own, and then both together for a insulated piece) sure made that jacket very appealing as well. In the end I believe that the selling feature was that the Klim Alpine Parka seemed to be more "cut" for a woman, and that was appealing to them.

I am sure that the snowmobiles brands are all pretty decent but my personal preference is Patagonia. I know that it is a ski/snowboard line but it is one of the best brands out there and better I think hands down than North Face, Mountain Hardware, HMK, Klim, etc. It has a very thin layer on the inside and all I have to wear is my base layer. It has zippers under the arms and all the zippers are water tight. Mine is the model with the Gortex and I have not been cold a day yet and we sled in MT and UT in some pretty high elevations with good wind chill. Runs a little more than other brands (I think mine was $470 for the coat) but I think it is well worth it. Plus I can still wear it outside of snomobiling and when I do some backcountry boarding during our rides.

Completely off subject, and I too have bought Patagonia in the past, it is GREAT gear. But they are second on the list in the nation for donating money to conserving land from public motorized use, and therefore eliminating our ability to use public land. So in reality any dollar that is spent on there clothing helps aid these movements....

www.BLOWNMOTOR.com

W
Jan 29, 2010
Havre Montana
When trying on the motorfist and Klim jackets, the motorfist jackets shell had more room for layering. I took the inner jacket completely out. It's way too warm for mountain riding. I wear a XL in the motorfist. I tryed on the Klim XL and I almost could of used the XXL, mostly thru the mid section but then the arm length would of been too long. I have wore a men's Klim jacket in the past. I am happy with the motorfist jacket! I wish sizing was a little more standard.

Premium Features