• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking at a 2017 M8

P
Oct 30, 2022
Denver, CO
Hey all, looking at an 2017 M8000 Mountain Cat this week with ~700 miles. Anything to look for on these sleds? Coming from a 2015 Skidoo Summit X as a secondary sled. How do the 17's hold up? Any issues or things to be aware of or anything anyone can give me insight on would be great. Also, how are they to work on?

Thanks!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
the body panels are out dated but it wont panel out any worse than a doo. some taller spindles and elevate rails will give it the edge the newer sleds have. you might feel like youre riding a carbed sled again compared to the etec but just keep the clutches clean and it will pull hills with any of the new NA sleds. my favorite little mods before i did skinz helium kit was mountainfit clutch side panel vent (get rid of the dumb factory scoop and ducting) and the windscreen bag in place of useless windshield. They are ok to work on if you dont mind lots of torx screws. I like that the bolts are all metric and small heads, lots of 10 and 8 mm. The track is a beast.
you might be happier with an 18 as far as low end power and fit/finish but 18s are not flawless.

Premium Features