• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Long trail ride [info about freeride]

C
Dec 27, 2012
Is the 2019 154 freeride good on trails. We have 20 miles of trail
before getting to the alpine, I dont know hardly anything about
gen 4 skidoo. I have been on cats for years but thinking about
a change. thanx in advance

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've got the 36" version and it's nowhere near as poor on the trail as my 16 Summit T3.

I'd worry about the longevity of the new 3" track depending on how spirited you are on the trail.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I've got the 36" version and it's nowhere near as poor on the trail as my 16 Summit T3.

I'd worry about the longevity of the new 3" track depending on how spirited you are on the trail.

20 miles is 36km which is nothing we do it all the time, with a 3 inch, scratchers down all the time is best and if it is rock hard then keep the speed in check, or you can heat up the track, note: just because the machine is cool does not mean the track is, would not worry one bit. Even the expert will have no problem.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Does it have good trail manners and handling?
Thinking 40" ski stance will help.
thanx

Of course a wider ski stance is better for handling on trail … then is not as good side hilling and off trail.

Have you looked at a $40 solution to help in both riding conditions?

BRAND NEW SKI-DOO RAPID ADJUST SKI STANCE KIT

Quick tool-less design adjusts ski stance in seconds
Go from on trail stability to off trail agility
Allows for 1.7" of ski stance adjustment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XKA8gIxYmw

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Of course a wider ski stance is better for handling on trail … then is not as good side hilling and off trail.

Have you looked at a $40 solution to help in both riding conditions?

BRAND NEW SKI-DOO RAPID ADJUST SKI STANCE KIT

Quick tool-less design adjusts ski stance in seconds
Go from on trail stability to off trail agility
Allows for 1.7" of ski stance adjustment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XKA8gIxYmw

Don't really need that , run it at 36 with sway bar connected on the trail and then take off the disconnect when you get off the trail, the freeride comes with the disconnect, you want it at 36 for sure.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Don't really need that , run it at 36 with sway bar connected on the trail and then take off the disconnect when you get off the trail, the freeride comes with the disconnect, you want it at 36 for sure.

Why does SKI-DOO make RAPID ADJUST SKI STANCE KIT ?

Would one application be to change stance for trail / powder?

Whats the part number on the quick disconnect?

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Why does SKI-DOO make RAPID ADJUST SKI STANCE KIT ?

Would one application be to change stance for trail / powder?

Whats the part number on the quick disconnect?

I would say it is better for a backcountry X owner over a summit owner, however I am not saying you cant use it or purchase it. I do believe that many guys ride the new 36 front end and over ride it and instead of giving it time to get use to, they move it to the wide stance and miss a lot of the better characteristics. Sometimes you have to slow down and move one step back to move 3 steps forward. I also am about spending less money, so since the freeride comes with the quick disconnect, it makes sence to try that first and if he still finds it rolls to easy in the corners then he can purchase the quick stance change. The quick disconnect is in the ski doo catelogue for part number and pricing. cheers dave

Premium Features