• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Long track z120 build

K
Feb 7, 2020
Can’t wait to start mine!

aa42fe658bc8bfbc954ade94f302d1d8.jpg

d7d1eb94dc3b06cf1cc757fe43d3a812.jpg

2e8ad5ce5ee9027d5c22d1a1f499d032.jpg
what windshield did you use on this build?

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Ended up well. Stage one mods anyways. I did the longtrack and tackling the engine now.
Night and day difference in where the 120 can go and how much more traction it has.

-Rec Motors Aggressor Kit
-Rec Motors Race Shock Kit
-Upgraded clutch and gearing
-ZR200 track, rails, driveshaft/drivers, tunnel extension. Powdercoated with billet wheels
-C&A Pro Skis
-Proclimb windshield
-Modified steering 3” forward
-South Simcoe Machine Billet pull handle

208 goes in this summer. And upgrading front shocks. I also have a Fox Float for the rear but I might keep this race shock kit as long as the shock holds up. So far so good.
Also thinking about getting a tooth larger driver made. I’ll have to relocate the driveshaft location but since we are only dealing with lengthening the chain and building a guard it shouldn’t be that big of an issue. With the relocation of the rear skid( I dropped it a few inches and moved it back the same) it ratchets regardless of how tight I make the track. So larger drivers might let me have more teeth contacting the track at the same time. I also just thought of installing simple guide drivers on each end to keep the track from flexing which might help as well.

12205c8f58726d8972fbb958bc8efb1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Ended up well. Stage one mods anyways. I did the longtrack and tackling the engine now.
Night and day difference in where the 120 can go and how much more traction it has.

-ZR200 track, rails, driveshaft/drivers, tunnel extension. Powdercoated with billet wheels
-C&A Pro Skis
-Proclimb windshield

208 goes in this summer. And upgrading front shocks. I also have a Fox Float for the rear but I might keep this race shock kit as long as the shock holds up. So far so good.
Also thinking about getting a tooth larger driver made. I’ll have to relocate the driveshaft location but since we are only dealing with lengthening the chain and building a guard it shouldn’t be that big of an issue. With the relocation of the rear skid( I dropped it a few inches and moved it back the same) it ratchets regardless of how tight I make the track. So larger drivers might let me have more teeth contacting the track at the same time. I also just thought of installing simple guide drivers on each end to keep the track from flexing which might help as well.

Thing looks sick. We are working on. My youngest son's at the moment. Do you happen have a good picture of the underside of the track. We are struggling with the parts we got and how to assemble the skid.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Thing looks sick. We are working on. My youngest son's at the moment. Do you happen have a good picture of the underside of the track. We are struggling with the parts we got and how to assemble the skid.

Sorry I didn’t see this earlier. Please let me know if I can help still!

D
Dec 7, 2010
You state drive shaft and drivers from a 200. I show the drive shaft being different than a 120. Did you mean 120? I'm wondering if I can get the 120 shaft and fit the 5 cog driver from the 200. or do I even need to buy the newer shaft?

Thanks.

-C&A Pro Skis
-Proclimb windshield

M
Aug 26, 2008
When you guys build the long track 120s, did you buy the regular race shock kit from rec motorsports or did you buy the race shock kit that they sell specifically for the 120 long tracks? asking because the one for the long track kit is more expensive.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Hey Mike, I was gonna add to our conversation, I'm not familiar with the longtrack kit however I used the normal kit and remounted it to give me the lift i needed while still working as it should with my sons weight.

D
Dec 7, 2010
Hey Mike, I was gonna add to our conversation, I'm not familiar with the longtrack kit however I used the normal kit and remounted it to give me the lift i needed while still working as it should with my sons weight.
Hey I'm In the middle of this swap right now. I'm running a 212, And wondering what gearing I should run.

Premium Features