• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Long track mountain max

C
Apr 27, 2017
You can do a 151 pretty easy with rail extensions. Any more and you'll need to build a tunnel extension, longer rails, ect.
That's about as long as I want to go. I have a friend that works at SLP he says they have the rails. How much for a track. Does it have to be a Yamaha track.

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
It wouldn't hurt to put in a lighter skid that is already the length that you want to go to. The Yami skid is the heaviest in the industry.

Ken...............

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
That's about as long as I want to go. I have a friend that works at SLP he says they have the rails. How much for a track. Does it have to be a Yamaha track.
just has to be the right pitch to match your current drivers. as far a track goes. unless you are putting in new drivers as well.

but track price depends on what your budget is. new or used? wouldn't hurt as mentioned to put a different skid in to your track length. I have put in rmk skids in before to get away from extensions on my buddy's sleds when he went 151 on 1 sled and 156 on the other. plus you can usually pick up a good used skid pretty cheap.

Z
Feb 5, 2008
Jamestown ND
I extended a short track 700 to a 159" about 15 years ago...
Wahl bros no slip drivers 2.52 pitch
151" Cat 1M rear skid set back
Rear heat exchanger deleted
I still ride this machine out west!

Premium Features