• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LOLO PASS

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I usually unload at the Visitor Center, but yesterday the snow looks like it was decent enough to unload at the Hot Springs or Fish Creek.

Last edited:

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I'm on my way but won't be there until 10ish. If you want to PM your number I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:

leadejon

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2011
We are up here right now, not bad snow but dont know area real well. Does anyone know of more of an open playing area most hill sides are thick with trees..

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
New years long

picture.php
picture.php

Sunday, unloaded at the parking lot at the gate up SOUTH FORK OF LOLO CREEK, ok to ride, maybe drop scratchers if you ride the icy road in the middle, by the time you get up to the first snowmobile trail intersection it was 8 inches plus of fine dense sifty fresh, up in your face most of the day, road to the warming hut, no tracks in road and trail to warming hut until the pile of trees above the hut. Good snow depth, paper says like 115% of normal for the area. Some were boondocking, some broke stuff, looks like next dump before its a real off road adventure. Picture of outhouse is how much snow since last rain and warm around thanksgiving. Sunny by 1pm and nice day.

Monday, cold, unloaded at the OLD USFS work station, needed to face masks ridinging the bikes, so it was a blitz ride to the warming hut around the Elk meadows way, sunny and bright !!, new snow again, but tracked up from end of road into the hut. Nice day..........did I say cold.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Where is the best place to stay when riding this area?

Ace

If you want to stay in town then stay in Missoula.
If you're thinking about mountain cabin rentals or something like that, Lolo Hot Springs or Lochsa Lodge are great. Plus they're much closer to the top of the pass.

Premium Features