• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Live SpotMe Report from christopher

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is an automated post from my SPOT messenger device via the SnowestOnline "SpotMe" Service<br>:: Become a Premium Member and start using this feature TODAY!
<div align="center" style="margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px;">
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="80%">
<tr>
<td class="thead" style="text-align:center">
<iframe width="100%" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="/spot/spot.html?threadid="></iframe>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

Stovebolt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Tetons
www.bustedcompass.com
Hey Christopher,

You're right up behind my house! I get to ride the Pinnacle from my driveway - lots of snow on the road and ditches. Only 2 miles from your trailhead. We got over a foot of fresh here at the base of the hill overnight from the cold smoke dump yesterday, so you are in the fresh and deep. Snowpack is wicked dangerous - the drop off from the ridge into the Pinnacle bowls is 30 degrees, sketchy, watchout.

Have fun and report back with pics!

Rally on,

Stovey

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hey Christopher,

You're right up behind my house! I get to ride the Pinnacle from my driveway - lots of snow on the road and ditches. Only 2 miles from your trailhead. We got over a foot of fresh here at the base of the hill overnight from the cold smoke dump yesterday, so you are in the fresh and deep. Snowpack is wicked dangerous - the drop off from the ridge into the Pinnacle bowls is 30 degrees, sketchy, watchout.

Have fun and report back with pics!

Rally on,

Stovey

Right you were, and that is why we did NOT make the drop.
We stayed completely on the front side and still had a TOTAL BLAST!
Snow was absolutely OUTSTANDING today!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My son
54831100748134f092dc4989fcc439f5.jpg

Looking at the Tetons
df469cbc51ffd5787c098274e45ec459.jpg

Awesome snow
7aae632fba99373a23c43eea53ef386c.jpg

Stovebolt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Tetons
www.bustedcompass.com
Nice pics

You had a beautiful day up there Christopher! Stole all the bluebird right outa the sky... Good on ya. Glad you had a good ride and enjoyed the safe and deep. Lots of good terrain on the west side even before you make the drop. You guys played it smart with that north facing ridge drop. Salute.

Stovey

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You had a beautiful day up there Christopher! Stole all the bluebird right outa the sky... Good on ya. Glad you had a good ride and enjoyed the safe and deep. Lots of good terrain on the west side even before you make the drop. You guys played it smart with that north facing ridge drop. Salute.

Stovey
It was pretty much as GOOD AS IT GETS.

Man I wish we got snow like that more often around here.
Its always fun to listen to the "Old Timers" talk about how it was 50 years ago...

Premium Features