• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lite Moto helmet suggestions needed

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I'm looking for a carbon fiber helmet sub 3lb preferably that will fit a small narrow head. most round head helmets don't work for me but my current hjc clx7 fits fine but i'm looking for more protection and lighter weight. not too many places have XSmall helmets in stock to try on so i'm hoping someone can suggest a brand to start with. so far, i've looked online only at the motorfist alpha, fly f2 carbon, 509 altitude carbon and a couple others. i have no problem with buying a last seasons model or brand new if needed but i need a place to start. any recommendations?

thanks in advance

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
have the motorfist carbon, love the helmet for its weight and also the outer shell is 30% smaller than other helmets, this makes a difference when riding all day. No more sore neck

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I had a motorfist Alpha and Tobe helmet and sold both of them. They both are made for more rounded heads. Were just too uncomfortable for my more oval head shape. Even though I loved the motorfist overall size and impact protection. The lining was subpar though. Needs more comfy cushion inside.

Since trying those two, I went back to the Airoh Aviator 2.2. Not as good of impact protection as the motorfist, but it's the same weight and is WAY more comfortable.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
If any of you have the scoop on great pricing on the Airoh helmets, shoot me a PM. I would like to give this one a try sometime. Little too expensive for me at regular price. Maybe a closeout . . .?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I bought mine from an italian website. Got here in like 5 days. The matte black is cheaper than the multi colored gloss ones. I think i payed around $400 shipped

Premium Features