• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Liquid Image Summit Series Snow Goggles

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
We have spent the last few weeks testing the new Liquid Image Summit Series Snow Goggles. These goggles offer a true “Point Of View”, “High Definition” video camera built into the goggle. The camera lens is centered in the goggle frame above your eyes. Here is the first clip filmed using these goggles trimmed from the hundreds of minutes of video we have recorded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WiqoDC0btU

We have found the goggles very user friendly with two buttons on the right hand side of the goggle which are used to power the unit up and down, change between video/camera mode and to start/stop video recording or to take a picture. On the inside of the goggle a LED is used to give you visual indication of the mode. In video mode the LED is solid blue when not recording and flashes “off” and “on” when in record mode. The LED turns red when in camera mode. An audible beep can also be heard whenever you change modes, start and stop video recording or take a picture.
The lens quality is very good as these lenses are manufactured by the same company whom supplies Oakley with lens. When moving we experienced no problems with fogging on these goggles and as for the big question, nope an Eliminator will not fit in these goggles, but Quick Straps can be used. Our set was delivered with Iridium lens installed and a second amber lens was also included. Various lens types from clear to polarized are also available separately from those supplied with the goggles depending on your preference.

Summit Series Black.jpg

Here are some of the specifications for these new goggles.
The Liquid Image Summit Series HD is a Snow Goggle with an integrated True POV HD Video camera. The goggle contains a 136 degree (FOV) wide angle lens to capture all the action for all Snow Sports. The hands free unit has a 5.0 MP camera mode and a video mode that records HD720P video at a rate up to 30 frames per second with audio. The Summit Series HD can hold a Micro SD/SDHC Card up to 32 GB. Product includes a 4GB Micro SDHC card and a Rechargeable Lithium Battery for 1.5-2 hrs in the HD Video Mode. With the use of a micro SD/SDHC card, the camera is capable of recording thousands of photos or hours of HD video and can be downloaded to a computer through the High Speed USB cable provided, or through a Micro SD/SDHC card. The Summit Series Goggles can be customized to fit a variety of single and dual vented lenses for different environments. The lenses are made of an optical Lexan material which is durable and impact resistant and 100% UV protected. The lenses come with an anti-fog treatment and include Iridium lens coating for accurate Light Transmission. The Summit Series Goggles can be converted to a MX Goggle by changing the lens, nose guard, and strap for Xtreme Sport Action during the summer.

Feel free to drop us a pm with any questions or comments you may have.

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
Here is another video, one that we have run through AVS Video Editor and uploaded as a Quick Time video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDeYJSCaw4

The first video we posted up was simply trimmed using Realtime and we where able to keep the HD quality of the video intact.
The camera stores the video in a mov file format. So for anyone using Apple computers and iMovie, editing is quick and easy. For Windows users you will have to convert the mov files to avi files for editing in Windows Movie Maker or use another video editor such as AVS that is capable of using the mov files.

Here is another trimmed video using Realplayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc0SybSM7d0

I have been working some more with the AVS Video Editor and have found that there are options that will allow you to produce your movie in 720 HD and 1080 HD.

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
These goggles are awesome. They are easy to use and take perfect angle vid very clear and picks up sound very well. I'll post up some vid when I'm not in a ditch in ND. Hope to head out next week sometime to play with these in a much better setting.

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Mine work fine in the Summer and in the shop. They don't function when left outside in the Winter for 5 minutes. Anyone else had this happen?

P
Mar 30, 2008
Mine work fine in the Summer and in the shop. They don't function when left outside in the Winter for 5 minutes. Anyone else had this happen?

I've also had this happen, lost two days of epic riding footage because of this problem. They work great when I use them indoors to test them out, get out on the trail and they stop recording for some reason. All the lights come on and it says its recording but won't actually save the file, memory card is empty when I get back to the hotel. I bought them directly from the company and get zero response from them, not to impressed so far.

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
I've also had this happen, lost two days of epic riding footage because of this problem. They work great when I use them indoors to test them out, get out on the trail and they stop recording for some reason. All the lights come on and it says its recording but won't actually save the file, memory card is empty when I get back to the hotel. I bought them directly from the company and get zero response from them, not to impressed so far.

If the two peps having problems with their goggles would not mind forwarding their contact info, our Canadian contact will try to follow up with his US counterpart.

Last edited:
Premium Features