• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lincoln and copper creek road conditions

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Just wondering if anybody has been back to the bowls yet this year and what the road conditions are like? Looking to wrap up the season with a couple of great spring trips.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Yes, I went there yesterday with my friend, and it was great. Some mashed potatoes up on top of the ridges and down below in the flatter stuff, but all the bowls were great. Able to drive all the way up to the turnaround right before where the trees start to shade the road, then pretty much all snow from there up to the bowls. Had a great day and burned more fuel than I have in quite a while! Will try to post up a few pics.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Yes it was a marvelous day! Sleds ran awesome and the company was second to none!

Didn't leave much untouched and even pruned a few trees for good measure.

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
Is it still legal to ride up there this time of the year ? King's Hill has signs all over saying no snowmobiles till Dec. 1st.

Ken..........

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
You can ride the bowls till the end of May, everywhere else around Lincoln closes 3/31.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Quick update on Copper, we turned around and unloaded at the intersection where the one road heads up the mountainside, not sure you could go too much further without some difficulty. Probably 200 or more yards (combined) of bare ground before you get to the last bridge. Snow bridge over that little creek just after the last bridge, one of them we crossed fell while we were up sledding, so we crossed another one that is kind of held up by brush and one smallish tree. So this is probably the last weekend that creek can be crossed without actually going through it. Lower slopes you have to pick your path carefully and the snow can be mashed potatoes / fall through type stuff. We did not go to the lower lake area because of this, and the snow is getting skinnier down there anyway. Great last ride for the season, thunderstorms in every direction but remained nice and sunny up there. Will try to post a few pics when I get a chance.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Thanks Mitch!
I'll give a report when I get home.
Gorgeous day today!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Pretty much the end of the year, but it was a great day.
No snow at the bottom unless you find just the right gullie.

Premium Features