• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Limited strap vs tighter front track shock?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Yes there is a difference and to get the best overall performance doing both so they work with each other would be recommended.......when you make big changes. Yes a guy can crank the front shock tight and make the sled wheelie like crazy but now you just handicapped your suspension.

If you crank up the front track shock then "typically" you start to feel the impacts in your heels of your feet as the suspension is not really working. Much like if you feel the impacts in your hands or wrists, your front ski shocks are probably too stiff. I guess maybe the best way to describe this is you want everything working with each other to keep an overall balance on the sled's suspension. Sure you can set the front stiff and make it wheelie as mentioned but then the sled is very one dimensional. By doing both (limiter strap and adjusting the shock) you truly get more adjust ability with the sled. But.......if you're good with that and like then run with it, it's your setup and your sled.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
I did a 16 axys 163 pro converted to iceage khaos bomber rails with raptors FTS conversion, which lengthens FTS and the limiter gets longer by about 1/4". I had a bent stock rail so that why I did it all. I am VERY happy with the overall setup and at this point, if I was buying a new I'd go khaos over pro. Its way more fun and easy to pop the front end up. I do run raptor kinetic shocks, which I think help control the turbo power. But overall, If you already got the rails, get the raptor conversion, worth IMO for the money.

Premium Features