• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight Shocks

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I'm in the market for new ski shocks. I currently have pro 36s, but they are too long at roughly 17 7/8" I need 17 1/2"

I thought, why not try to lose some weight while I'm at it!

Fox claims their new offerings are very light, but I have not seen any weights, or comparisons to the manufacturers shock options.

I'm willing to go with air shocks, but only if the weight difference is worth it.

I'm even willing to buy a used set of expert HPGs if the price is right. I assume these are fairly light.

If you have any knowledge on the topic, please share.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
how much lighter can they really be and the better question is, would you even notice it?

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
This is from my suppliers catalog. I personally am an air shock guy. Love em. But not everyone does. to each their own.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 2.39.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-08 at 2.40.47 PM.png

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Local Doo dealership had an open house last fall and had the latest Fox shock offerings there. One of the shop guys ran around and weighed a few ski shocks and compared them. The new generation float QS3 R was the lightest. The monotube KYB off of the front of an Expert was a close second. That's pretty good considering you are gaining a piggyback reservoir and damping adjustment.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Sorry I don't have any actual weights. But Im sure somewhere on the intraweb someone must have weighed them.

Premium Features