• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight parts for sidewinder

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Also, I have a hard time believing there will be a lightweight hood option for these. Only ones I see doing one would be CR out of Canada, as these are different than any cat including the King Cat (plastic design is different between the too, not a direct swap). A “garage engineering” style would be your best bet to get one accomplished.

Once the intake portion is removed from under the hood, you could do a headlight delete (http://stores.mountainfithoods.net/ascender-chassis-headlight-delete/) to remove more weight, open things up, and then have venting up high as well. Just an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
You can also drop the extra idler wheels off your skid for some weight savings, just keep an eye on your hyfax.

Classic! They still come with idlers on the MTX? I figured they would use scratchers.

I knew I’d have to on a BTX.

Edit: Sure enough, just checked out a pic! Thanks motojunkie, I’ll throw it on the list as well. Any idea what the two of them weigh? I could weigh my nytro idlers but it wouldn’t be very accurate.

Last edited:

roughriders

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
EVX12 ballistic

Burst Cranking Amps: 240-480
Dimensions: 6.0(L) x 3.5(w) x 4.46(h)
Weight: 2.0-3.5 lbs.

this is the one I have I believe, I can double check though.

roughriders

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
yes its been good. started the winder in -15c no problem after sitting all night. it sat on the shelf for over two years before getting used and didn't need to be charged up. I thought that was pretty decent.

stahlecker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Western NE
I just put in a WPS Featherweight battery. Part # 490-2525.

It is very close the the same size as the factory battery but is an honest 10lbs lighter. It worked well for me this week. Sled started right up after sitting out overnight (~15* F). So far so good but no super cold temperatures.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
These 2 been working out for you? Read some hit-or-miss reviews on lightweight batteries. Can you get a clip of that exhaust for us too?
Thanks.

Yeah, I've pondered the idea of a lightweight battery for about 2 years.. maybe on a 2 stroke with a pull chord as a secondary means of starting i'd take a chance, but not on my 4 stroke.. I need to be sure that thing is gonna start after sitting all night in -25 to -30 C... and sometimes colder. I know mine is a rare case, but anywhere that has enough snow to ride snowmobiles has the potential for some really cold nights.

stahlecker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Western NE
WPS Lithium Battery

Mine sat in the back of the pickup all day at 20 degrees then all night when it dropped to below 0F. It cranked a little slower than the agm battery beside it but it fired up at 10 degrees that morning.

I do have a Lithium Jump Pack that I take into the room with me at night just in case. So far it hasn’t been needed.

Last edited:

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
Surprised there are no hoods. They weigh 17lbs complete as you unplug them and remove. Not sure why they are that heavy. I was hoping a LED headlight from factory would be as light as the aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features