• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight Build

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
Cutting the ankle breaking toe hooks off and removing the pull cord pulley setup takes another pound off.
This doesnt cost anything

Last edited:

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
as far as weight wise 1 pound of loss spun weight equals to 7 pounds of static. with our lighten clutches both primary and secondary it is 2 pounds (14 pounds ) plus balancing and all for $800.00

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
Well....one successful tank installed, one not so much. Installed and added oil only to find it leaking into the fuel tank....cannot see up in the tank enough to see where it’s leaking. I’ll see what Skinz says tomorrow lol

How did things work out with the leaky tank. Did skinz make good on it?

W
Feb 5, 2016
Yeah this seat is a sweet set up! Order a bunch of TI parts from Dan @ Alt Impact.

Basically ordered everything except engine bolt kit.

What a great helpful guy!

Also spoke with Patrick Custom Carbon. Nice helpful guy as well, doing his clutches and putting CF insert in tunnel to shed snow when we shorten the tunnel.

Gonna be a fun build!
Care to elaborate on cf insert?

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
Is that replacing the aluminum between the coolers or just covering it up?

S
Sep 16, 2016
just my guess, but i would think the carbon fiber insert would inhibit cooling since the heat usually radiates to that inner piece of aluminum.

Premium Features