• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight Build

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
It was just the stock seat with seat bracket and bolts that weighs just over 7 pounds. Not the seat and tank. The skinz seat only weighs 2lbs

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Why is no one taking into account the pump and lines ??
I can't see this being lighter except that it holds less. Unless it's made out of .030 or something ..

But I could see more weight savings if it is . Just kick the sides in and loss another pound.

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
The skinz tank is 1 pound lighter than stock tank. I weighed them stripped because the stock parts getting reused doesnt matter. With the stock seat i weighed everything that went with it because none of those parts are getting used again. The biggest savings is in the seat. Over all the skinz seat tank combo is 6lbs 1oz lighter than stock settup. Removing the stock oil tank will remove more weight.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
How is the skinz seat vs stock..is it like sitting on a block of wood? Its seems so light is there a decent amount of foam.

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
How is the skinz seat vs stock..is it like sitting on a block of wood? Its seems so light is there a decent amount of foam.

It is a hard seat no doubt. But it isnt terrible. I think the setup will be great for how i ride and want to use the sled. Just my opinion.

T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
Well....one successful tank installed, one not so much. Installed and added oil only to find it leaking into the fuel tank....cannot see up in the tank enough to see where it’s leaking. I’ll see what Skinz says tomorrow lol

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Well....one successful tank installed, one not so much. Installed and added oil only to find it leaking into the fuel tank....cannot see up in the tank enough to see where it’s leaking. I’ll see what Skinz says tomorrow lol

I guess you got one of the custom “mixed gas” versions. ?

Hopefully they get you taken care of.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I thought of it but haven’t done it. These were the lightest I have found. Atl is the company.
c4e52181fbc26228415f352e5bdb2943.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
On the link i included I bet the 50 litre would be only a couple lbs. Not completely sure if the fuel pump would work in there though. Maybe an external pump would be best?
I know right? It would be cool to see someone do this.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
how heavy can the stock plastic tank can be? legit question I never removed one. the only weight saving might be bringing less gas

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Not going to bite on this one.
Oh c’mon Trs, you know you wanna bite!
I just might try this gas tank thing tho. I have a plan. You never know!

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
I am down to splitting hairs. Is there any weight saving in switching handlebars or going to aftermarket belt drive like TKI?

Anyone happen to know the weight difference between a BM front bumper and Burandt/Skinz? Currently have a BM but don’t Remember how heavy it was?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I am down to splitting hairs. Is there any weight saving in switching handlebars or going to aftermarket belt drive like TKI?

Anyone happen to know the weight difference between a BM front bumper and Burandt/Skinz? Currently have a BM but don’t Remember how heavy it was?

Skinz titanium handlebars.

The skinz front bumper is lighter than the B&M fab bumper.

Time to buy carbon fiber body panels.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Mountain bike brakes and caliper. Knock out the rivet stems. Remove inner nubs from track. No guarantees on these tho. Mod at own risk.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

The TKI chain to belt belt drive does save a little for sure but it's more about rotational mass. The belt is much easier too spin up than the heavy chain. For the Quickdrive belt drive to TKI belt drive conversion, the kit actually weighs more than stock due to the adjuster. Although slightly heavier the sled will feel lighter when geared down and rolls much better as the stock Quickdrive provide quite a bit of drag due to how tight the belt is.

Premium Features