• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight Build

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
picture.php

picture.php

Nice looking tank, I like the oil tank integration. Polaris take notice.

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
picture.php

picture.php

Nice looking tank, I like the oil tank integration. Polaris take notice.

Absolutely! Great idea!
I too would like to know how much fuel and oil this tank holds as well as the weight loss compared to the stock tank.

Last edited:

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
I have talked to Jake at skinz through email. He told me 9.5 gallons of gas is what they are calling it. But holds slightly more. 1.5 quarts for the oil depending on how its filled.
As far as weight I never asked.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
First of 3 tanks to arrive. Going to be some very happy customers. Very impressed with the craftsmanship of this new tank. Can’t wait to get this sled built.

Would you be able to weigh the stock tank and the new Skinz tank (both empty) so we can see what the weight savings might be to go this route?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I have talked to Jake at skinz through email. He told me 9.5 gallons of gas is what they are calling it. But holds slightly more. 1.5 quarts for the oil depending on how its filled.
As far as weight I never asked.

I believe the stock tank holds 11.2 gallons, so this is not much smaller. 9.5 gallons is probably the perfect size for most riders.

The stock oil tank will hold about 3-3/4 quarts. The amount this holds is a little on the small side, but will be enough for a couple of normal rides. I have used nearly 3/4 qt on some of the deepest powder days, along with about 10-ish gallons of gas.

This tank sure has some nice lines - well done!

T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
I will get some weights together shortly. I’m guessing just holding the tank and seat there a little weight savings. Guessing most of the savings will be in the amount of fuel and oil allowed and in deleting the larger oil tank. The seat seems like a big weight savings as it is as light as a feather.

T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
Mine showed today. Nice piece. Says 10.3 gal though?

Seems like the directions are for the previous tank. As there is
no mention of the oil tank connections. I’ve emailed them. It is only a 9.5 gallon tank though.

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
My stock seat with bracket and all hardware weighs 7lbs 1.2oz

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
I weighed my new tank and seat. Tank 9lbs 10oz. Seat just a tick under 2 pounds on the scale i used.
I would recommend anyone getting one of these settups to vacuum out the tank for metal shavings. I found some in the oil side.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
So if the stock seat, bracket and all hardware weighs 7lbs 1.2oz and the new tank and seat are about 11 lb 10 oz. then this new setup is about 4.5 lbs heavier than stock . . . ? I am little surprised. Usually after spending $1800, one would see a weight savings rather than a gain. I guess the integrated oil tank would be very convenient and one would have a nice place for storage when the stock oil tank removed.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
From burandts vid seat is 4lbs saved tank 3lbs..and stock oil tank is prob 2lbs..so looks like 9 maybe 10lbs of true weight..as you can run less fluids on a stocker so that shouldnt factor in

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
So if the stock seat, bracket and all hardware weighs 7lbs 1.2oz and the new tank and seat are about 11 lb 10 oz. then this new setup is about 4.5 lbs heavier than stock . . . ? I am little surprised. Usually after spending $1800, one would see a weight savings rather than a gain. I guess the integrated oil tank would be very convenient and one would have a nice place for storage when the stock oil tank removed.

What was the Re-Read???
It's Heavier ?

IMO It does not look very nice .. I have Skinz parts and most are over the top but this looks like a Sheet Metal tank sprayed with bed liner.

I usually fill the oil and put scuffed belt under the seat and ride two days ..Never in the Scorcher Under the hood. I may have just found a third use for the Tanks and Nerf combo for Skidoo .. it makes room for multiple belt storage!

Premium Features