• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight Build

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
I am considering doing a lightweight NA build with the following parts:

*Nextech CF/Titanium skid
*Skinz lightweight seat/gas tank
*Fox shocks
*Lightweight front end(not sure which one)
*Diamond S can

Sled is a ‘19 163 and I will be shortening tunnel.

Might do some lightweight clutch/rotational items as well.

I figured these were the major items, heard the Skinz helium hood only saves about 1 pound?

As Burandt has mentioned getting the last few pounds through nuts/bolts can get expensive so I figured I would take that advice.

Any recommendations or anything I am missing on significant losses please share!

Thanks In Advance!!

pauly815

Premium Member
Oct 9, 2011
park city ut
SSI has a TI pipe for $699 ,this may be one of my summer mods as I lighten up the 18 , alt impact for more TI parts. 2k is my summer budget for light weight parts. Have zrp brake rotor and starter cup.

T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
Spoke with SSI, they’re not sure if they will be releasing the Ti pipe for the 850’s or not. Other aftermarket options should be out I would think.

I will be doing this same build, may even venture into the Alt Impact Ti pitman arm and steering stem.

Just ordered 2 of the new Skinz fuel/oil combo tank and Burandt lightweight seat, not sure on weight savings with this once stock oil tank is removed from under the hood.

Best of luck on the build, look forward to following along!

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
Kalispell, MT
Pretty sure that every aftermarket front end is heavier than the stock react. And with the SLS springs, I'm pretty sure aftermarket shocks are heavier as well. The helium hood might lose 1lb, but you can just take the headlight out of the stock hood and be the same or lighter. There aren't many aftermarket parts that are lighter than the stock equipment these days. Unless they're trading steel out for ti or aluminum.

Swap tracks to the conquer 260 and cut 8" off the tunnel. There's 9-10lbs at least. Kurts gear down is lighter than stock I believe. Twin track helix is lighter.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Anybody know the fuel capacity on skinz tank and cost with seat. Burandt says 7lbs weight savings empty.

T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
Pretty sure that every aftermarket front end is heavier than the stock react. And with the SLS springs, I'm pretty sure aftermarket shocks are heavier as well. The helium hood might lose 1lb, but you can just take the headlight out of the stock hood and be the same or lighter. There aren't many aftermarket parts that are lighter than the stock equipment these days. Unless they're trading steel out for ti or aluminum.

Swap tracks to the conquer 260 and cut 8" off the tunnel. There's 9-10lbs at least. Kurts gear down is lighter than stock I believe. Twin track helix is lighter.

Is the Alternative Impact Ti front end heavier than the stock react?

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I just got the primary lightened up by Patrick's Custom Carbon. He will balance, add ti bolts/carbon fiber cover, and shave material off the back for $650. I believe it saved 1 1/4'. He will also take just under a pound off the secondary. Couple the lightened clutches with a zrp starter cup, lightened flywheel, and lightened brake rotor for a significant rotational savings.
The 850 has a heavier crank shaft than the 800. Getting that rotational weight down is first priority for me.

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Anyone have experience with Conquer track? Don’t want a trencher...

Stock 2.6 works so good all around

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
What info you need?

Retail is $1799.95

Oil tank is integrated into tank as well.
I'd like to see one, see how it routes the oil line from the new tank etc.

No mention of it anywhere on the net eccept this thread. Nothing on Skinz website.

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
What info you need?

Retail is $1799.95
Oil tank is integrated into tank as well.

$1800 for a 7 pound weight savings = $257 per pound.

Always fun to price out the sled weight loss diet and see what makes the most sense money and performance-wise.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sounds like the tank is 3lbs saving..the seat is 4lbs less.and tank holds 2 gallons less fuel so wet weight savings as well but sacrifice range.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Sounds like the tank is 3lbs saving..the seat is 4lbs less.and tank holds 2 gallons less fuel so wet weight savings as well but sacrifice range.

A gallon of gas weighs about 6 pounds, so the total savings (2 gallons less at 6 pds. p/gal) would be 19 pounds.

Premium Features