Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neumann1363
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Lightweight Build

Lobster Carl

Dec 21, 2018
Cutting the ankle breaking toe hooks off and removing the pull cord pulley setup takes another pound off.
This doesnt cost anything

Last edited:

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
as far as weight wise 1 pound of loss spun weight equals to 7 pounds of static. with our lighten clutches both primary and secondary it is 2 pounds (14 pounds ) plus balancing and all for $800.00

Lobster Carl

Dec 21, 2018
Well....one successful tank installed, one not so much. Installed and added oil only to find it leaking into the fuel tank....cannot see up in the tank enough to see where it’s leaking. I’ll see what Skinz says tomorrow lol
How did things work out with the leaky tank. Did skinz make good on it?

Woody1992

Feb 5, 2016
Yeah this seat is a sweet set up! Order a bunch of TI parts from Dan @ Alt Impact.

Basically ordered everything except engine bolt kit.

What a great helpful guy!

Also spoke with Patrick Custom Carbon. Nice helpful guy as well, doing his clutches and putting CF insert in tunnel to shed snow when we shorten the tunnel.

Gonna be a fun build!
Care to elaborate on cf insert?

skydog77777

Sep 16, 2016
just my guess, but i would think the carbon fiber insert would inhibit cooling since the heat usually radiates to that inner piece of aluminum.