• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lighter Riders

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
I've read in the past where a lighter than the stock 210 lb/in spring was installed on the Axys rear track shock. I cannot seem to find mention of it anywhere at this point. I will be installing a set of WE monotube (Axys) shocks on an RMK Evo in the near future but don't want or need the 210lb spring for my kids.

Neither a call to my dealer or Polaris customer service was any help.

Any insights, part numbers or advice?
will a Khaos rear track shock spring work on the monotube?

thx

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I've read in the past where a lighter than the stock 210 lb/in spring was installed on the Axys rear track shock. I cannot seem to find mention of it anywhere at this point. I will be installing a set of WE monotube (Axys) shocks on an RMK Evo in the near future but don't want or need the 210lb spring for my kids.

Neither a call to my dealer or Polaris customer service was any help.

Any insights, part numbers or advice?
will a Khaos rear track shock spring work on the monotube?

thx

Khaos spring will work

The stock evo spring should work also.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Like he said the khaos spring is 180lb and would likelyu work better

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Trying to get the suspension set for my wife who is 130# with gear has been a HUGE problem. Finally called Carl's Cycle Sales in Boise, ID and they have a dedicated suspension service department that can re-valve the WER shocks and replace the springs to match the riders weight. The price quoted was $500 to $600 depending on options. Will be sending all four shocks in this week.

F
Jan 3, 2008
Been looking into getting an EVO RMK for my kid. In stock form they sit low to the ground. Polaris makes an evolution kit with longer shocks along with other parts to increase power to make them into a true RMK. Long story short there are probably two different length EVO springs the stock ones and the upgrade kit ones. Haven't researched this out yet but will figure it out this fall. I was planning on using take-off shocks from a Pro or Axys instead of buying the evolution kit shocks but didn't think about the spring rate. Curious as to what you find out so I can set my kids EVO up with lighter weight springs.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
there are probably two different length EVO springs the stock ones and the upgrade kit ones.
that’s my assumption as well. Both 150 lb/in, so one must be longer...
I’ll probably buy that spring and see for myself but it will need to be a summer project at this point.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
Update. stock and upgrade evo springs are a larger diameter than the Walker Evans. I went with a 180# Khaos spring and will see how it does.
Raptor can get a 150" spring for the monotube if we decide to go softer (not on their site).

Premium Features