• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Light weight battery

Cinno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater,Mn
I used a Shorai LFX27A3-BS12 rated at 405 CCA. Fits in stock location on my 2020 MC M-8000. It includes shims to snug up the fit. Only used a few. The + terminal is on the PTO side which matches the stock battery. About 3.5 lbs. So far so good however haven't been in negative temps yet.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I thought i should give a little info on what I ended up doing to tie this one up. I removed the small car battery first.
I did a little internet researching and settled on
an EarthX 14C. Install wasn’t too bad but there was a small amount of wire moving around and a lot of foam material needed to make it fit right.
I rode it yesterday in low to mid 20’s temps and it cranked right over all day just like the oem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
-25 this morning is west Yellowstone, Shorai battery, pushed the button once and turned over slow, waited a couple of minutes for the battery to wake up and it spun up fast and started sled no problem on second try

Cinno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater,Mn
I used a Shorai LFX27A3-BS12 rated at 405 CCA. Fits in stock location on my 2020 MC M-8000. It includes shims to snug up the fit. Only used a few. The + terminal is on the PTO side which matches the stock battery. About 3.5 lbs. So far so good however haven't been in negative temps yet.
It started up OK at -19F on Feb 4, at Togwotee Lodge Wy.

Premium Features