• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Light Weight Batteries

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
These are good.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
These are good.

That's what I have in mine. Been using the same battery in 3 different sleds. I think it's probably about 7 or 8 years old and still going strong.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Thumbs down now on the EarthX from personal experience - first one died went stone dead after season one with it, 0 volts, despite being charged/monitored with the specified Optimate $100 charger. Could not be recovered, but did get a warranty replacement . Second one just died in the middle of it's third season this past Feb - was working fine, unloaded to the heated garage, next day dead cells, ~8 volts, also could not be recovered with the Optimate, and always charged/monitored with the Optimate. I do know how to use and maintain them. No warranty on this one. Two $400 paper weights now. I'll try another Li-on, but will try a cheaper alternative, first. EarthX tech reads great, but, hasn't worked for me to avoid or recover from two failures. Last one was a 36D. FWIW.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Love the Shorai, have had several of the last 7-8 years in lots of dif sled and they have never let me down. The factory charger has resurrected a stone dead 3 year old battery to and I got a couple more seasons out of it. have way better luck with the same size lithium battery as the stock lead acid. Works better when it cold or really cold.

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Had a Ballistic on my M1100T. Worked great as long as I unhooked it when in the garage, as the sled drained it sitting.
Got a Firepower on my Alpha, will leave it hooked up to see if it drains as well. So far so good, but sled has not been in the snow yet.

Cinno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater,Mn
Had a Ballistic on my M1100T. Worked great as long as I unhooked it when in the garage, as the sled drained it sitting.
Got a Firepower on my Alpha, will leave it hooked up to see if it drains as well. So far so good, but sled has not been in the snow yet.
What was the part number of your Firepower? if you bought a smaller than stock, what did you use to shim its to size?

Cinno

Premium Features