• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Letter to our Forest service on the Blue mt. Forest plan

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
To whom it my concern,

I am opposed to the 1B new recommended wilderness areas proposed in the new Blue Mt. forest Plan. These areas have many uses, from summer to winter, motorized, as well as non motorized. Wallowa county, Baker county, and Grant county has a large economic battle as it is. By taking away more recreation this hurts the small businesses that are already struggling to survive in these communitys. There is a very large wilderness area in our back yard, by increasing it by this small amount survies no purpose other than to keep the motorized people out of more of OUR forest.

I also oppose the 3B and the 3A, areas in Eastern OR, for the same reasons stated above, this new proposal for closures and limited access are all in rual areas which can NOT afford to lose any revenue, of any kind. By closing these areas down or limiting there useability, not only does it effect small businesses, it takes away from our ability to manage our forest. With the 3A and 3B areas, there is a very large need for restoration and feul reduction, on our very unhealthy forest. There is other ways to revise our Blue Mt. Forest Plan, and that does not mean close more of it down. Leave our access to our land in Eastern OR, as it is!!

Thank you for your time
Chris Case

Premium Features