• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets talk scratchers..

D
Dec 15, 2020
So I know this is a never ending debate and everyone has their preference so please chime in on what brand you like and why. I've never needed scratchers b4 due to usually having a flatland sled and renting in the Mtn's. I now have a Boost and wanna make sure I'm keeping her cool.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
The cable style are by far the toughest, but do so-so at cooling.

These throw the most snow by far, but occasionally the holder tab tab that bolts to the rail will break off.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Stock seem to work well, until you forget and have them down and break them off. Some guys who have long road approaches run TWO sets of scratchers, which has always looked wise if you're in a zone that requires many miles of flat/dry access.

I like the look of nextech scratchers because they are multi directional, and more like the ski doo design which is excellent for versatility, even if they maybe don't throw up quite as much snow as the stock polaris scratchers.

So far I'm surprised at how cool the NA patriot runs. The new heat exchanger design works very well if there's snow to get flung around. The boost will undoubtedly run hotter.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
If I got to use them I use the Ice Storm by Over The Top Performance. My Current sled is an SKS and doesn't need them.

Ice%20Storm%20Reversible1.jpg

C
Nov 29, 2008
The cable style are by far the toughest, but do so-so at cooling.

These throw the most snow by far, but occasionally the holder tab tab that bolts to the rail will break off.

Cable scratchers suck had multiple sets and all sucked after 1/2 season or less ... The best ones so far are the btp style reversible ones ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

D
Dec 15, 2020
If I got to use them I use the Ice Storm by Over The Top Performance. My Current sled is an SKS and doesn't need them.

Ice%20Storm%20Reversible1.jpg
Thanks for your info. I ordered from you I hope they work like you say.. Please get them to me ASAP.. ill need them b4 Christmas if possible. Ill be sure to report back on good service. Thanks again for helping..

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Loves me my Doo scratchers. Put them on Tater's M6000 also. Buddies like to run spider scratchers. Lol. Two sets of standard scratchers. Works well. And you can bolt a second set on a Khaos without drilling ANY holes.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Doo scratchers work ok till the cast aluminum bracket breaks.

Ibexx has nearly identical ones with billet brackets.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I have never heard of those breaking. However your trails to the hills are much more brutal than ours. I DID wear a set out last year. I leave them down all the time, lol. Late season neighborhood bare road rips to the lake sawed them down to nothing. Not long enough to hook on the posts. :)

I
Dec 21, 2016
I have never heard of those breaking. However your trails to the hills are much more brutal than ours. I DID wear a set out last year. I leave them down all the time, lol. Late season neighborhood bare road rips to the lake sawed them down to nothing. Not long enough to hook on the posts. :)
Same. I’ve worn the ends off of a few sets and snapped the spring off the original single-coil design models, but the aluminum bracket has always been solid. I’ve got 2-3 extra sets of brackets if anyone is in a bind.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Same. I’ve worn the ends off of a few sets and snapped the spring off the original single-coil design models, but the aluminum bracket has always been solid. I’ve got 2-3 extra sets of brackets if anyone is in a bind.
The bracket usually breaks and the scratcher spring is long gone.

I’ve never been lucky enough to find one. :)

Usually breaks when tree riding, log hopping, alder bashing……

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Thanks for your info. I ordered from you I hope they work like you say.. Please get them to me ASAP.. ill need them b4 Christmas if possible. Ill be sure to report back on good service. Thanks again for helping..
They are legit. They throw more snow than any other scratcher. I recommend still putting them up before reversing, they will bend.

M
Feb 26, 2018
I like the Doo scratchers! But they wear down very quickly, then I discovered that Doo sells carbide tips for their tunnel mounted scratchers, these carbides also fit the rail mounted scratchers. I also replaced the Doo scratcher mounts with Ibexx’s.

Y

Y-not?

Aug 27, 2009
Contrary to all the hate that cable scratchers have really lasted the longest for me. They can kinda be a pain to get set so they work but once you get them they work for quite a while.
I got talked into the style like sheetmetalfab has in his first picture and they were over priced junk dispite what I was told by the guy selling them that "these will easily last for a couple sleds" didnt get 250 miles on them and BOTH were snapped off, the stock ones last longer than that by a long shot. So needless to say I am still looking for the best solution out there too.

I
Dec 21, 2016
I like the Doo scratchers! But they wear down very quickly, then I discovered that Doo sells carbide tips for their tunnel mounted scratchers, these carbides also fit the rail mounted scratchers. I also replaced the Doo scratcher mounts with Ibexx’s.
Let’s see a pic of those rail scratchers with the replacement tips from the tunnel mounts.

I took a pair of worn rail scratchers and fixed a pair of carbide studs onto the end; haven’t tried that idea out yet.

Premium Features