• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Let's shut down the economy for 1 day

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Sounds like a real silly idea if you ask me.
If you believe in mass protests like this I suggest holding your breath for the day sounds like it will be more productive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Yeah, sooooooo silly to defend the most defenseless among us.

Oh wait, it's a living human being.

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb<sup class="crossreference" data-link='(A)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-18952A"></sup> I knew<sup> </sup>you,
before you were born<sup class="crossreference" data-link='(C)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-18952C"></sup> I set you apart;<sup class="crossreference" data-link='(D)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-18952D"></sup>
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.<sup class="crossreference" data-link='(E)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-18952E"></sup>”

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
do you guys realize that there are states that allow abortions of babies that days away from being born? something I just learned from my children

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Yeah, sooooooo silly to defend the most defenseless among us.

Oh wait, it's a living human being.

Yeah it absolutely one of the silliest things I’ve ever heard.

Since when is wearing black and not shopping for a day going to help your cause.

You’re such a screwed up person coming on here spouting off religious bull crap when just last week you got a infraction for spouting off racist comments.
Doesn’t your god spout off about loving your fellow man no matter what race or colour!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Originally posted by smokindave - "You’re such a screwed up person coming on here spouting off religious bull crap when just last week you got a infraction for spouting off racist comments.
Doesn’t your god spout off about loving your fellow man no matter what race or colour!"

Are you perfect?
If not, then don't worry about me.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Originally posted by smokindave - "You’re such a screwed up person coming on here spouting off religious bull crap when just last week you got a infraction for spouting off racist comments.
Doesn’t your god spout off about loving your fellow man no matter what race or colour!"

Are you perfect?
If not, then don't worry about me.

I see you put a lot of thought into your remark.
How is wearing black and not shopping for a day going to help your cause?
You’re like a politician,no intelligent answer!
And yes I’m a far better human than you!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
And yes I’m a far better human than you!

Perhaps you are, I have no idea.
But putting this pissing match in perspective..... I post showing support for pro life, and you are belittling me for it.
And then proclaim that you are a far better human than I.
I am curious as to how you arrived at that conclusion?

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Perhaps you are, I have no idea.

But putting this pissing match in perspective..... I post showing support for pro life, and you are belittling me for it.

And then proclaim that you are a far better human than I.

I am curious as to how you arrived at that conclusion?

I’m not belittling you at all,all I asked was how does wearing black and not shopping going to help your cause!
I’ve now asked that 3 times.
As for being a better person I have not once made racist remarks,yes I feel that makes me better than you.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
"religious bull crap"

Really?

Yes religious bull crap,I’m a nonbeliever.
That’s a old book wrote by people that needed a crutch to make it through life.
I’m into reality and the fact that once your dead you are gone not in heaven.
As for morals I once again don’t need the 2000 year old book.
I know what’s right and what’s wrong and that’s the way I love my life.
Sorry but you’ll never get me on board.
I buried my baby girl daughter of 30 years old last month and saw her lifeless body.
She is gone and that’s it gone.
All I have now is the plot that I put her in.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Yes religious bull crap,I’m a nonbeliever.
That’s a old book wrote by people that needed a crutch to make it through life.
I’m into reality and the fact that once your dead you are gone not in heaven.
As for morals I once again don’t need the 2000 year old book.
I know what’s right and what’s wrong and that’s the way I love my life.
Sorry but you’ll never get me on board.
I buried my baby girl daughter of 30 years old last month and saw her lifeless body.
She is gone and that’s it gone.
All I have now is the plot that I put her in.

You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your daughter.
Regarding everything else that you said, I understand why you and I don't see eye to eye on much beyond snowmobiling.
I honestly hope that the right people and chain of events are able to change your heart, because I truly believe that you have the opportunity to embrace your daughter again one day. I'm not blowing smoke up your arse, I believe that as much as I believe in my next breath.
Open your mind and open your heart and let the Almighty show you love as you've never experienced.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Smokindave Words after a loss of that magnitude are so hollow. I only hope that the good memories of her will help you through the rough times you will face ahead. It never gets easier you will just get better at coping.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I’m not belittling you at all,all I asked was how does wearing black and not shopping going to help your cause!
I’ve now asked that 3 times.
As for being a better person I have not once made racist remarks,yes I feel that makes me better than you.

We're talking about it. That's awareness.
The more people that participate, the more awareness.
Awareness gets people thinking.
I was pro choice until I gave the whole thing alot of thought.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

My son of 32 years passed away on New Years day 2018 and my little sister passed last month . . .both after losing their battles with cancer. I get it Dave . . it hurts like crazy and i understand your pain!! It does get better, but its a process for sure. I will keep you in mind when i remember and miss my loved ones :)

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
My son of 32 years passed away on New Years day 2018 and my little sister passed last month . . .both after losing their battles with cancer. I get it Dave . . it hurts like crazy and i understand your pain!! It does get better, but its a process for sure. I will keep you in mind when i remember and miss my loved ones :)

My Heather passed away on Jan.11th suddenly and unexpected!
I’m totally devastated and hurting.
I’m not sure if I’ll ever get over this.
I’m glad I’ve been out of town across the country for work,staying busy helps but the alone time in my hotel room has me thinking to much.
Certainly at a loss of words when talking about it.
Thanks for your kind words.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Its times like this that reminds you that you are not alone with your pain/loss. we all have had big losses in our lives. Mine came when i was 15 and lost my dad to a car accident i am 52 now and there has not been a day i haven't thought of the happy times going fishing of skiing. And with that, I would not even try to fathom the loss of a child. You will find that life will trigger memories of the life that once was so vibrant. You will also learn over time that when it happens your mind will naturally think of a happy memory and not the pain of the loss. As Timbre said its a process. I guess that is what they truly mean when they say they will live on though us.

Mefasto you are right, awareness is good but understanding is important as well and understanding that, as guys, we do not have a seat at that table period.

Premium Features