• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Let’s talk crankshafts

May 27, 2020
So I am replacing the crank in my CFI 800. Crank is out of limits on the thrust washers, and the PTO shaft bearing will slide on the shaft with a good pull.

I’m looking either having mine rebuilt or replacing with a new oem fuji crank. I can have a standard rebuild done, lightweight rebuild, or built into a long rod crank. Price is all fairly relevant to each other.

do any of you guys have experience with the long rods? Some say the oem rod ratio is bad, others say the It’s the best of the 800s

any experiences with light weight cranks?

let’s hear your opinions

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
I did a long rod light weight crank from Indy Dan. So far its been good. I think it has a little more vibration but runs good. Not sure if power is any different.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I would do the long rod and not the lightweight wheels. The lightweight wheels have added to quicker clutch component wear.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
TRS, I know you put on a lot of miles so you have a bit of experience with durability. When you say the lighter crank leads to accelerated clutch wear, how much are we talking? 1/3, 1/2, 3/4 of the typical life? I'm not familiar with typical life expectancy of the Polaris clutches, just trying to learn how much effect rotating weight has on component life in the real world.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Some of the components are less than half. Weight bushings and roller spacers take the biggest hit. I’ve seen them last just over 200 mi.
When the roller spacer gives up, you will witness a slight drop in rpm(50-100) and doesn’t spool up as quick. Usually when this happens your spider is junk and you will need a new primary. It’s something everyone should check daily.

Clarke_67

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I chose to stick with my 12crank mainly cause it was in spec and im cheep. I look at It as once that mass is spinning it will keep spinning. Also in a turbo application. Since we are on the topic... anyone know who makes the best engine mounts for a pro? I remember seeing some updates but can't find them now. P.s. on your rebuild it won't hurt to balance the rods Pins and pistons to a tight tolerance! Every little bit helps in the long run ... out. Puns? Ehhh the light weight clutch cover and recoil Starter make sense even with a heavy crank engine. Im playing with some fuel system and cfi mods as well right now. MIght post up some stuff when the snow flys. Fuel cooler/filter combo being one. Another being a balanced set of injectors (mines effectively cfi4 now)

Also seen there is a new rubber vforce reed valve. Anyone have a set yet? Thoughts...

@TRS wow... thats bad. But then again I have went through 4 belts before in less than 200 miles so I guess it depends on the duty cycle lol

sledhed

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Some of the components are less than half. Weight bushings and roller spacers take the biggest hit. I’ve seen them last just over 200 mi.
When the roller spacer gives up, you will witness a slight drop in rpm(50-100) and doesn’t spool up as quick. Usually when this happens your spider is junk and you will need a new primary. It’s something everyone should check daily.
Roller spacers? Items 7 in the image? I noticed Polaris has updated the part number for these, maybe they are improved... What do they look like when they go bad, they just disappear?

Attachments

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Yes sir, they wear thin or disappear.
The roller then wears into the spider, your spider is then junk. The fix is a new primary.

Premium Features