• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Left lane losers

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Simple, our drivers training system SUCKS. It is a complete and total joke. Here in Colorado behind the wheel can be taught by any adult willing to sign the paperwork. The test is easy. Then the cops, the worthless ass brainwashed cops... Start paying attention to actual traffic safety not just speed enforcement and revenue. I probably should not get started on how poorly I think cops understand traffic safety.

To back up your point, when I was in Italy, driving a rented 670hp Ferrari across the countryside for a day... Trucks are forced to stay in the right lane. You never have to worry about them pulling out and blocking traffic. Left lane is for hauling butt and in a whole day and 400 miles of driving I never saw one speed cop, or any highway accidents. Lots and lots of tunnels between Florence and Maranello, almost every one taken foot to the floor with a line of slow traffic to the right. LOT's of triple digit speeds that day and not even a close call because of firm lane discipline on the highway. In the cities, well, that gets interesting, never have my palms sweated like that...

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Just throwing it out there, our traffic fatality rate today is half what it was in 1980, though it is roughly twice that of Italy, and well above most European countries.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Just throwing it out there, our traffic fatality rate today is half what it was in 1980, though it is roughly twice that of Italy, and well above most European countries.
Couple of factors come into play here....our vehicles have gotten exponentially safer making what was once fatal crashes very survivable, and Europeans actually concentrate on driving where we welcome as many distractions as possible. Just one example...our cars had cupholders long before their European counterparts. Also, we are far more willing to drink and drive than they are.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
You know what grinds my gears......Dip chits texting while driving on the highway swerving lanes.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It almost sounds like you're proposing government regulations.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I would say NO!

But I could certainly understand someone who has lost someone to idiotic driving saying yes.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
We already have a rediculous amount of government regulations on driving and as so rightly pointed out, they do not work. They do provide steady revenues for law enforcement agencies and are supported by public propaganda like speed kills or seat belts save lives. I MUCH prefer the aggressive european driving style to brain dead americans in suvs and on the phone. We need to quit dumbing it down and teach people how to control their vehicles. We do not teach people to drive and we to not enforce good driving habits, what do you expect with this program?

Premium Features