• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Layer options

S
Oct 7, 2011
Looking at getting a better mid layer jacket. I just got back into sledding this season and picked up a 509 onsie and kilm base Layers. I got myself a decent set of lined pants but can't find a good upper layer. I thought I could use my heated milwauke sweaters but doesn't keep my arms warm. So what's a good option to keep my upper half and arms warm?

Sent from my SM-F926W using Tapatalk

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Sounds like a better outer layer if those inners have failed.

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
I wear UA base 4.0 with a synthetic tshirt, this works good most of the time with a shell. Might have to throw on a fleece on the trail drive if its really cold.

S
Oct 7, 2011
I got a nice sweater from mountain warehouse and that did the trick for the arm. Still was a little chilled from sweat cuz of my darn body hair holding the moisture but better then before lol

Sent from my SM-F926W using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I would question if you’re over dressing and sweat is your issue? You should be dry all day, if you’re not your outwear isn’t keeping moisture out or your base layer isnt wicking your sweat away.

I wear a base layer, and an uninsulated outerwear 95% of the time and thats it. I don’t get cold. Base layer is just thin polyester of sorts. I make sure to wear my UA Base 3.0 on colder days. If it’s REALLY cold, like negative highs (fahrenheit), I will add a 1/4 zip polyester fleece on my upper half, and stick with one layer on my legs.

Your probably aware but make sure you’re not wearing any cotton.

Premium Features