• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lawton .338 Cheytac

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
I had it for sale before but wasn't sure if I wanted to let it go after shooting it more. Looking to build a .375 Cheytac and a Springfield armory M1 Loaded .22-243 :)

This is a fun rifle, and very accurate. Recoil is very very low.

Lawton Limited Action (Does not say "Cheytac" on side, Barney Lawton built this action to MY specs, Barney has passed away this year so I consider this to be a limited action since now they only stamp "Cheytac" on the side)

You won't find many in .338, it was a special build. Easy to reload, 300gr SMK blow out the rifle at 3600fps without showing signs of pressure or extractor marks. Super fun rifle, easy to obtain brass, and bullet choices was the reason I built this rifle.

Mactac Muzzle break
Mcrea fully adjustable stock
2 ATI Mags
40 Rounds of un-fired brass
3 Reloading dies
Palm Swell DPMS grip (Not Pictured)
Lawton 40MOA 1 piece base
Remington 700 modified trigger to my specs :) (Had Jewell Bottom safety, liked the Remmy 700 trigger better :confused: felt better)
Has a Burris XTR rifle scope and XTR tactical Rings
Has Harris benchrest bi-pods
All Ceramic coated

And I will try to find 100 MAG primers to go with it! Damn primers.....

Shoot me an offer, with or without the scope and bipods. If you have a scope already and bipods you can send them to me and I can ceramic coat both to fit this gun. Gun had Nightforce riflescope, not going to sell that with it. Would also have a case, but it's a 2 gun case, so I need a case for my .375 Cheytac when I get done building it.

Not going to give it away, but will make someone a good deal and give them the option of wanting the scope and bi-pods.

One for sale here, Barney Lawton action, M200 stock, and same barrel I run. All Cheytac actions are made by Lawton Machine. Cheytac just makes the modular stock system. This rifle below is just a rifle, case, mono-pod, and cleaning kit.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=138272540

Open to offers

cheytac1.jpg

cheytac2.jpg

cheytac3.jpg

Last edited:

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
so lets say i wanted to shoot a squarel at 100 yards.. would this thing still work??.. lots of long range shots but still want good muzzel energy at say 200 yards????

:rolleyes: ;)

R
Mar 21, 2008
Huh

Bullets for these type of guns are not meant to plink squirrels with. You are looking at 3 to 4 dollars a round. This gun is a 1000 yard gun (IMO)..I am very familiar with Cheytac and there weapons.

Still would like to know what price he is thinking about..

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
I'd like $5400 without the scope and bipods. $6000 with.

I have to sight it in at 300 yards. Too much "Cant" in the scope base. 40moa is one helluva angle, the scope I don't think would adjust to compensate :D I just started at 300yards, hell the bullet doesnt start literally dropping till 550'ish

Rounds are around $3 a shot. Not bad, considering match grade jameson rounds run about $9-12 a shot with .408, and .408 just wasnt fast enough for me, too hard to get bullets. With .338 it's nice to go down to sports stores and get a variety. Plus....250gr .33 cal bullets are super fun on yote's and p-dogs :) Like an asteroid with ballistic tips. Not meant for pelt hunters....

Problem with .408, is that the bullets are solid copper. Expect barrel life pushing moderate fps with .408 to be around 1000 rounds IF that. Solid copper just doesnt have enough give but holds well down range :)

The brass comes from Jamison international located here:
http://www.jamisoninternational.com/products/brassproducts/375cheytac/288874203

You have to neck down the .375 to .338. easy to do, and IMO worth it. I want to go .375 just to push a few more grains and still have bullet choices.

Last edited:
Premium Features