• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KYB front shock valve and knob replacement????

R
Nov 16, 2016
The 2012 FreeRide that I just picked up has a broken valve shaft and knob. Are any of you able to steer me in the right direction for parts and/or repair?
Would this be a user friendly replacement?

broken valve knob and shaft.jpg

U
Feb 3, 2019
The 2012 FreeRide that I just picked up has a broken valve shaft and knob. Are any of you able to steer me in the right direction for parts and/or repair?
Would this be a user friendly replacement?
You will probably have to contact Kyb and order parts directly from them I broke the knob on my 11 free ride and my dealer told me I had to contact Kyb

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Try Lynn at Maizekustoms.com
He does all my shocks and has been able to get any broken parts I needed. Wouldn't be a bad idea to rebuild them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

R
Nov 16, 2016
Try Lynn at Maizekustoms.com
He does all my shocks and has been able to get any broken parts I needed. Wouldn't be a bad idea to rebuild them.

Looks as though Maize is in Iowa. I am in Oregon. I may have found a person much closer.... but thank you.

As for these needing to be rebuilt...... this machine has only 1k miles on it, and has been ridden by a young man who can't weigh over 160 lbs. Plus, it is an extra sled for me to have on stand-by!

Premium Features