• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KTM/Husqvarna Power valve settings

H
Sep 5, 2019
So im setting up my 2017 Husqvarna tx300 to run a 120 kit. I will be using an RK tek head, vforce 4 reeds, 38mm lectron, along with a fresh piston. Curious as to what baseline people have had good luck with on power valve spring choice and pre load. Im thinking red spring with a bit of pre load and play with it from there. Can anyone give me any insight on what has been successful for them on similar setups? TIA

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
So im setting up my 2017 Husqvarna tx300 to run a 120 kit. I will be using an RK tek head, vforce 4 reeds, 38mm lectron, along with a fresh piston. Curious as to what baseline people have had good luck with on power valve spring choice and pre load. Im thinking red spring with a bit of pre load and play with it from there. Can anyone give me any insight on what has been successful for them on similar setups? TIA
I would do red spring with it one turn from out... because most likely your always going to be on a full open because you will be at 5k and up on the rpms ...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Correct... so from flush with the case one turn... and even flush with the case because you want the power valve to open as soon as possible in my experience for a snowbike... then for sure the red spring.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Premium Features