• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KTM 330 SX, Test and review Vid

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Cool! thanks for the vid

was interested in the fuel youre running till i found its $25 per gallon

Last edited:

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
so, thoughts on the Lectron? You loved the Smarty's before, how does the Lectron compare? Looks a little harder to adjust? Stilling loving my Smarty on the dirt, but running 4T EFI on the snow.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
so, thoughts on the Lectron? You loved the Smarty's before, how does the Lectron compare? Looks a little harder to adjust? Stilling loving my Smarty on the dirt, but running 4T EFI on the snow.

I still love the Smarties! I love to test, tune and review these great products. The Lectron is a great Carb. Yes, It is a little more of a hassle to adjust. Other than that, it is a great Carb. I am not to a comparison conclusion. They are very similar. The Smart Carb may have a little more top end. The Lectron may mask small tuning issues better. etc etc....

L
Jun 26, 2008
how hard would it be to run the 40mm xc-w throttle body? a 4t tank with the pump in it would bolt right up, computer and ust or power commander and your in business?

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
EFI flat slide

So I haven't torn down an efi bike, but I assume they use some kind of butterfly valve to control air flow ? Similar to the sleds and outboards and pickup trucks.

Stepping up your efi as far as throttle response is to ditch the inefficient butterfly air throttle. As we have all discovered with a butterly on your sled only from 20-65% throttle opening do you have good throttle feel, the last 35% of butterfly opening is almost meaningless.

So an injector in the smarty or lectron is where we need to go. I have heard rumors that its in the works. I saw a kid down at expo years ago with a system he made that way, simple slide in a pipe with subaru injector. The big body efi's with butterflys are the reason its been slow for current efi mx motors etc to find favor with elite class racers.

current efi............good fuel delivery but poooor air delivery, its the air delivery on the flatslides that makes you smile when you ride with one.

So I haven't torn down an efi bike, but I assume they use some kind of butterfly valve to control air flow ? Similar to the sleds and outboards and pickup trucks.

Stepping up your efi as far as throttle response is to ditch the inefficient butterfly air throttle. As we have all discovered with a butterly on your sled only from 20-65% throttle opening do you have good throttle feel, the last 35% of butterfly opening is almost meaningless.

So an injector in the smarty or lectron is where we need to go. I have heard rumors that its in the works. I saw a kid down at expo years ago with a system he made that way, simple slide in a pipe with subaru injector. The big body efi's with butterflys are the reason its been slow for current efi mx motors etc to find favor with elite class racers.

current efi............good fuel delivery but poooor air delivery, its the air delivery on the flatslides that makes you smile when you ride with one.

Curious as to what your thoughts are on this product:

https://www.r1dean.com/product-category/fuel-injection/

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
how hard would it be to run the 40mm xc-w throttle body? a 4t tank with the pump in it would bolt right up, computer and ust or power commander and your in business?

i believe you'd also have an issue with electronics on the ignition side of things. 2T vs 4T are very different as far as igntion timing, curves, and quantity go.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
could be the deal

Curious as to what your thoughts are on this product:

https://www.r1dean.com/product-category/fuel-injection/

for sure looks like a step in the right direction. BETTER AIR CONTROL

The dyno test results and testimonials bear out a lot of the experience I have had in the past with carb swaps.
Any carb delivering perfect fuel/ air ratio is going to make good hp. Throttle response and having that direct to the engine connection/ rideablility is usually the big plus when you find really nice carb tuning. MX riders and flattrack racers really benefit from the razor sharp engine control. The charts don't show big hp gains, but the testimonials talk up the better throttle response and feel.

Sounds like this new carb body is an improvement over the old butterfly............I like that.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Hey everyone,

I am ready to move into future projects so I have decided to finally sell the Ultimate 330. Everyone knows the details of this bike. It has tuned and tested about every mod option available. The end result is the ultimate in tune and performance. This bike is amazing and an incredible performer.

The custom 330 bike plus the 2016 ST and TSS is the ultimate package and retails for about 16K.

I will sell the package for 10.5 firm.

Thanks guys,

Randy Siemens

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Hey everyone,

I am ready to move into future projects so I have decided to finally sell the Ultimate 330. Everyone knows the details of this bike. It has tuned and tested about every mod option available. The end result is the ultimate in tune and performance. This bike is amazing and an incredible performer.

The custom 330 bike plus the 2016 ST and TSS is the ultimate package and retails for about 16K.

I will sell the package for 10.5 firm.

Thanks guys,

Randy Siemens
how did the 330 do compared to the 450 husky ewe were riding with?

Last edited:
M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
The 330 is quicker and much easier to ride fast. As far as power. The 330 with everything on this custom bike is 60 h.p On several occasions, it would hold 3rd and pass the 450 up hill. It is the most fun package I have ever ridden.

Premium Features