• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kreating Khaos, 162" extreme and other easy mods

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Instead of straight vinyl what about some clear 3M Rock Guard ? It would be a little more durable and you can find it on ebay and other places pretty easy. Just a thought.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
No problem, I actually use to use the 3M Rock guard on my tunnel sides back in the day before I started wrapping sleds.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
So...Ive been getting some text messages about my "special" TRS alignment bar on one of the pics above. I wrote TRS-TKHS bar because TRS Tony Knows His Stuff lol, hope that answers your questions. It's simple, buy the bar, align your clutches, get better performance, great return on investment, lasts until the 2nd coming. You've already paid for the HP, now get it to the ground and keep your belts from wearing quickly ;)
IMG_8284.jpg

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Glad your ok. When you stated “one of my private areas” I was getting concerned but it lead another direction.. Been there.
You got me there Tony :LOL:
Thanks, Yep, I'm ok, just adding to my collection of different brand bumper on the wall. With the early wet heavy snow we received last month we have trees down everywhere still. Ive had to do a lot of bush wacking with this bumper lately as well. One of the "new to off trail" riders asked everyone why their new sleds were always so scratched up. I don't think he's going to last long here lol.IMG_8315.jpg

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Those of you with a chaincase, check your gear alignment with a straight edge. I use a piece of 1/2” keystock.
My bottom sprocket had to come out .025”.
More freed up horsepower and less rolling resistance is the benefit.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Have you guys gone through your tool bag this year? I like to take mine out and make sure Im not missing anything. Ive wrote a list of what tools Ive used over the years in the field and us that to make up what I haul on the sled. The light weight Skinz wrenches are really nice as far as saving weight and space, they're pretty strong as well. This gray bag is the Polaris waterproof bag for the unterseat tool bag. Mines about 5 years old and still holding up well. IMG_8293.jpg

800dragon_rmk

Dec 3, 2007
Dawson creek B.C, Canada
Have you guys gone through your tool bag this year? I like to take mine out and make sure Im not missing anything. Ive wrote a list of what tools Ive used over the years in the field and us that to make up what I haul on the sled. The light weight Skinz wrenches are really nice as far as saving weight and space, they're pretty strong as well. This gray bag is the Polaris waterproof bag for the unterseat tool bag. Mines about 5 years old and still holding up well. View attachment 336703
Is it possible to find those light weight style wrenches like in the skinz kit without the huge price point ?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Is it possible to find those light weight style wrenches like in the skinz kit without the huge price point ?

Hey 800dragon_rmk,
Ive used the Skinz wrenches and they have worked well. Nothing is super strong that is thin, however theirs were accurate for size and loosened and tightened everything we've needed in the field and have held up for me. In the shop, I use standard wrenches. I have 3 shops full of tools, and I break, bend and alter a lot of them. As far as finding others out there, yes you can find some pretty easy. I have bought some from Ebay and Amazon that were advertised as super thin, but were super weak. Maybe there is some good ones out there, here is one of the reviews of one set:

OverKnight

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed; a complete and total waste of money.
August 26, 2017
Verified Purchase
Disappointing. I used the 7/16" wrench to loosen two locked nuts, and without applying very much torque, the wrench jaws bent apart and slipped on the nut. Based upon the reviews here, I thought they'd be much stronger. I've applied for a refund.

EDIT: Make that VERY DISAPPOINTED! Changed from two to one star; the seller refused to accept a return and refund the purchase price. There's no way these wrenches are hardened steel; a file won't easily cut hardened steel, but these wrenches could be filed just like common mild steel. I find it hard to believe some reviewers thought these were great; perhaps my set was defective, but the seller didn't care ("past the return time limit" - I bought these to have on hand and didn't use them until a few months after purchase). Stay away from these and this vendor: these wrenches are useless for their intended purpose, and the seller does not stand behind their products.
A complete and total waste of money.

Amazon product ASIN B00B9KBFUO

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Instead of light weight wrenches I just bought combination end wrenches like 10mm/13mm so you only need to carry 1/2 the number of wrenches. Maybe choose just the larger size box end wrenches your sled uses and carry them as well. Anymore we have a full set of tools back at the pickup. If we can't fix it with a few simple tools we're going to work back at the pickup.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
So far this set up has ran flawless for 2020. I still had the bog during 1st stage of break-in while ECU was adding lots of oil. I put a sharpie mark on the oil resivor before each ride, It was dumping lots of oil in and has settled down lots now.
Initial thoughts on some of the parts installed:
-RSI bars and grip heaters heat up nice!! Perfect stance cut a little narrower.
-RSI hand guards have already taken a beating and holding up well along with keeping my mits protected from early season tree whips and cold.
-Indy Specialty clutching machining has been running great and cool. Noticeable difference in vibration in the bars and ski tips as well so Im sure the crank bearings appreciate that! Liking the helix with this pipe set up!
-Epic Camso 2.8" Track is eye opening....These cupped lugs would pull the sled on top in the 1st dumps of lighter fluffy snow and dig like a mountain climber in the wet set up snow. The stock 2.6" would fold over in this heavy snow where the Epic grabbed and hooked nice, it is surprising not a trench digger like the 280. More on this track after it is broke in and in different snow conditions
-Durapro Ski rubber dampeners...Why doesnt Polaris just buy this guy out and put these in stock!?? They simply work! My buddy already tore his stock ones at 200 miles:( Plus these keep the ski tips in the right position. Best performance buy for under $100 anywhere for a sled
-TKI belt drive & gear down, wow, this is working great with this track and pipe combo. Cant wait to get more time on this compared to my stocker. One word to describe it at this point: Snappy
-Stright Line front bumper: Already saved my front end from hard hit. I thought it was toast but I was able to beat it back to shape in the vice and back on the sled with scratches of honor at this point. Now I want the Stright Line rear bumper with saw storage built in to compliment it!
-Stright line Performance single pipe and can. Sounds great and not loud and obnoxious! Ceramic coating is holding up perfectly and holding the heat inside like designed. This is a strong noticeable difference in the mid range for in and out of throttle tree riding and still pulls harder than stock on the top end. More on this once I get more miles on the sled and more time in the steep and deep. Im only riding at 500-1000 ft at this point. I will be out west for much of the year soon.
-Cobra Turbo high heat cord. As expected this is strong and I see that at times touches the neck of the pipe and can under different throttle harmonics. Zero melt or wear on it. Time will tell if this holds up.
-Ice Age Khaos rails- Ice Age already has proved stronger than stock for thousands of us, these new geometry Khaos cut are a hoot!!
-TRS alignment bar. Simple and effective. Buy it and do it, you can thank me later!
I will expand on these more with time. My wife doesnt understand the priority of snow on the ground....She thinks we should celebrate our 25th aniversery in Mexico with zero snow for the next two weeks....I love my awesome wife but maybe some counseling is in order lol.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Those of you with a chaincase, check your gear alignment with a straight edge. I use a piece of 1/2” keystock.
My bottom sprocket had to come out .025”.
More freed up horsepower and less rolling resistance is the benefit.

So your bolt was backing out ?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Have you guys gone through your tool bag this year? I like to take mine out and make sure Im not missing anything. Ive wrote a list of what tools Ive used over the years in the field and us that to make up what I haul on the sled. The light weight Skinz wrenches are really nice as far as saving weight and space, they're pretty strong as well. This gray bag is the Polaris waterproof bag for the unterseat tool bag. Mines about 5 years old and still holding up well. View attachment 336703

That is an insane amount of tools. I'd quit snowmobiling before I packed that many tools...

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
That is an insane amount of tools. I'd quit snowmobiling before I packed that many tools...

Some guys like to save time and effort with sled recovery. (I’m one of them)

I think I probably carry even more than praynforsnow.

Something goes wrong in the group and I usually have a fix for it.

3x that much in the truck.
Plus a full front end, driveshaft, brake system, gears, chains, secondary, primary, spare ski, oil, antifreeze, bogie wheels, bolts, clutch puller etc.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Where’s your spare throttle, brake and track tensioner spacer/bolt/washer?

Definitely the most common used spare parts i carry. (Mostly for buddies)

Upgrade your saw to the corona saw.
(Lowes or Home Depot often carry them)

It will double your alder cutting speed compared to the gerber.

Premium Features