• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kmod new alpha skid

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Coupled skid would probably help my 154 on really deep days. Guessing it weeds out concerns of breaking the rail. Probably rides way better down the trail. I also like the idea of trapping snow in middle to lube the hifax and cool clips down4F199FE5-DCAD-4A86-B009-6609FE6B9224 (2).png

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
distance between rear wheels a little greater? could be a little more stable if so. looks heavier duty for sure, no doubt heavier, but this is cool:cool:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I think it's a direct bolt in so I don't see why you wouldn't bolt it where ice age recommended for the elevate kit.
Elevate requires new rails(curved tips) so u don't stab ur track when u drop the skid.
Does Kmod have the correct rail profile for the elevate drop?

Sent it

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Just because it has anti-stab wheels doesn't mean the hyfax will live if there's too much pressure on the front of the skid. Might help keep the clips centered in the rail though.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
These are all very exciting enhancements/improvements from the after-market (K-Mod & IceAge) to the novel AC monorail concept. I really like the innovation and if it's as great an improvement as, the Elevate kit has proven to be on my twin-rail , I'm all in on a future Alpha so modded!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Just because it has anti-stab wheels doesn't mean the hyfax will live if there's too much pressure on the front of the skid. Might help keep the clips centered in the rail though.
I think you are overthinking it. Doesn't look like a nickels worth of difference and the wheels will take a touch of the pressure off the hifax. Not talking about a doo .it's a direct replacement. Guessing it is similar to stock approach and profile.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I think you are overthinking it. Doesn't look like a nickels worth of difference and the wheels will take a touch of the pressure off the hifax. Not talking about a doo .it's a direct replacement. Guessing it is similar to stock approach and profile.

You're most likely right and that's what I would expect. Just looking for confirmation. Apparently you can rip the hyfax off a regular Kmod skid with anti-stab wheels if you run the spindles and let the limiter out too far.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
KMOD rides the crap out of his stuff before it hits the market TESTING over and over , Ive been using his skids sense 2000.

Premium Features