• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim warranty sucks

2loggers

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2010
Deer Lodge, Montana
I bought a new pair of Klim fusion gloves, wore them once, the seam on one finger split in the first 2 hours. Sent them to Klim they said it looked like I burnt them, but never had my hood open so I know that didn't happen. Unless my hand warmers got hot enough to burn them, they just failed. I told my dealer and he couldn't believe they wouldn't warranty them. They even gave them to their Klim rep to see what he could do but that ended in same result. Klim told me to sew them up myself and that was it.

This year I bought MOTORFIST bibs, coat, gloves and mid layer, love them.

Klim buyers beware!!

R

Ritfire73

Jan 5, 2009
Laramie Wy
I sent a pair of boots in... got a brand new pair back. Then the girlfriend had a glove issue, same thing... bad stitching, sent those in and got a new pair back. Must depend on who's making the call on the defect.

M

M8GURL

Dec 25, 2007
North Central WA Somewhere
Ditto That!!!

Last year in Mccall Idaho I was vacationing for almost a month....on the 5th day or so, my klim pants stitching gave way.....faulting sewing!!! Went to Hinsons and the Klim Regional Rep was there.....informed him what was going on, and instead of him swapping me out a pair right there...he said send it in and we will see if we will even cover that......WTF i thought!!! So, I said if you don't wanna back your product and what you sell....I'm looking else where......so, I went and bought MOTORFIST Pants with a Couple of Coats, gloves....etc....I can't wait to see the boot when it comes out......I wasn't fully 100% happy with one jacket so, i sent it back and had another within days with no questions asked!!! So, I recommend MOTORFIST to anyone out there.....I've been using the gear and LOVE IT!!!!

PS: Good Luck to them Klim Buyers....you need it!! :)

2loggers

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2010
Deer Lodge, Montana
Motor Fist Thanks!!!!

There warranty is awesome, I ripped the gator out of my bibs on Saturday. Called them on Tuesday, they said send them in. Got a call today Wednesday and my new bibs where shipped out today. Thanks Motor Fist!!!!!!!! :face-icon-small-hap

C
Sep 30, 2012
Petersburg Ak
Not my experience!

Last year I had a pair of klim boots that started leaking (left boot) looked up klim warranty (damn 1 year) boots were 15 monthes old. Called anyways told them boots still looked new and were in great shape but my left foot was getting wet. I also told them they were out of warranty. The lady I talked to gave me a claim # and said to send them in. I told them I would send them in after the snow melted, this was in March! Snow didn't melt till June, klim called three times asking where the boots were! (I was impressed) sent them in and received a call about a two weeks later informing me that there was a bonding prob in the sole, and that my new boots were in the mail. Received them two days later. This year my wife and son got new klim gear. Just thought I would post my expiriance.

mtnxr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Klim treated me great on a pair of 2 year old bibs that I was getting a wet butt in. They gave me a claim # and I shipped them in as requested. They called back about 3 days after they received the pants and told me to watch for the new pair as they were on there way. Kudos to Klim far as I am concerned.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I tore the knee out on a pair of extreme bibs that were two seasons old. I sent them in for repair and they sent me a brand new pair a couple days later. They said the pants didn't pass the "dry for life" test. The new pants are a much tougher material too. I am very impressed with klim.

T
Dec 7, 2007
oregon
sent in bibs and coat for some repairs torn knee and torn wrist strap all the damage was my fault klim sent me new bibs and a new coat because they didnt pass dry test . they didnt even charge me shipping .

Dec 30, 2007
sd
sent my very well worn Kilm Klimate gloves in for warrranty and presto tey sent me new ones!!

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
I have been buying Klim gear since they were selling their stuff out of the second floor office in downtown Rigby. Had a few problems over the years, all of which were resolved to my complete satisfaction within days. I'm a Klim guy for life. (even if their new goggles are fog magnets)

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
I've had great experience with warranty and non warranty service on my stuff... pants AND gloves... mostly due to my abuse.
Post a photo of your glove from different angles

3 months since you asked. Obviously ain't going to send pictures for us to see the damage. Real easy to internet bash a company, I'd say he is not telling us the whole story.

I have heard nothing but good about Klim.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Yes sucks for sure. Just sent in pair of boots in third season, left foot was getting damp. Brand new pair is current boots showed up today.
a9y4a7u5.jpg

This is great customer service!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
Face it if Klim was so bad why is Everyone I mean Everyone! wearing it? I love my Klim stuff Just hope nothing changes now since Polaris Bought the Company..:whoo:

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Bought some motorfist redline gloves

wore them 3 times , the left one was getting wet, called them up they sent me a new pair in the mail in 3 days time. that is awesome customer service.

MOTORFIST ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features