• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KLIM Really????

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I just bought a new F3 Klim helmet on Tuesday while on a trip, Wednesday I rolled the sled and shattered the visor, totally my fault the helmet was awesome. The problem is I called Klim to get a replacement visor today and they are out of stock forever. Sorry about your luck kiss that $300+ bucks goodbye unless you want to look like Larry the Enticer!! PS this IS THIS YEARS Model. I have all Klim gear and they have a good product but this sucks!!
Meadow Muffin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
I'm sure you could make another visor work. Sounds like Klim doesn't even offer a visor?!? Compare the screw pattern to some other helmets.

B

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I bought another visor from Klim, just aggravates me to spend that kind of money and have to settle for something that fits but doesn’t match. Kind of like wearing two different shoes it gets the job done but you look like a tard. I could see if the helmet was 3 years old and I was looking for a replacement but it’s not.

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
I could care less what I look like when I am riding my sled. When I am riding my sled I am happy and that's all that matters! I wouldn't let a visor get my goat.....Not plugging for Klim, their quality and service has suffered ever since Polaris bought them.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I just bought a new F3 Klim helmet on Tuesday while on a trip, Wednesday I rolled the sled and shattered the visor, totally my fault the helmet was awesome. The problem is I called Klim to get a replacement visor today and they are out of stock forever. Sorry about your luck kiss that $300+ bucks goodbye unless you want to look like Larry the Enticer!! PS this IS THIS YEARS Model. I have all Klim gear and they have a good product but this sucks!!
Meadow Muffin

I thought that helmet was shipped with a SPARE VISOR in the bag?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Depends on retailer i have bought two helmets one came with a spare the other did not different retailer i ask where is the spare. Was told that was extra.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I don’t think a spare comes with the F3, I know a spare comes with the F4 or 5?? I have one of those also and it came with a spare.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
Guys,
Klim has been in touch with me trying to make me happy. As it turns out the DEALER I bought the helmet from had a bunch of old stock and the helmet I bought was older. I can now understand why they didn’t have a visor for me. Hopefully they can find something that will work - match but they have renewed my faith in their customer service.
Sorry for the rant!!
Meadow Muffin

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Update,
Klim came through and found me a visor!!
Great customer service!!

That’s awesome, I was gunna say something didn’t sound right, because I got a new F3 Carbon this year and broke the visor on second ride lol, by my fourth ride I had it gorilla taped. These damn F3 visors seem a bit brittle, so I called Klim and they had the replacement in stock, so I bought 2 lol.

FYI if anyone is wondering the F3 carbon is a sweet helmet. Lightest sled helmet I’ve ever owned and comfortable. I had a F5 and it is lighter than the F5.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
They make some of the best gear , the glove sizing needs to be addressed . Just received the Fusion glove in a 3x last week . I don't have mechanic hands so for those guys with meet hookers try them on first . The fit is nice but a lot of good a snug fitting gloves doe when it's cold out . Personally I prefer them a little loose for ease of getting in and out of not to mention a little air space to retain heat . I also have the Elite , Inversion GTX , Inversion Pro , Caribou Mitten in my riding bag so I'm not off base by saying the sizing is all over the place .

Maybe when this glove breaks in it will be more comfortable because right not besides the snug fit it is also taxing to ride and it doesn't really matter what side the divider is on , If I could pull that divider out it would probably be an excellent glove and all around .

I no longer have a cold weather leather palmed glove that I could wear a liner in at times . So when I had to pull the glove off I still had something on the digits . At the moment the R&D lost sight of this . Cross a Klimate with a Fusion and you'll have A cold weather glove that is no longer available .

As usual one should try before purchasing

Premium Features