• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KLIM Adreniline Boot, 2009 vs. 2010

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
In the fall of 2008 I bought a pair of the KLIM Adreniline boots and rode them over the course of the 08/09 winter season.

While the boots performed great, for reasons I could never understand, my feet were "sore" at the end of the day every single time I wore them. They were very comfortable to wear, but not especially to walk in.

Because of that I picked up a new pair of the redesigned model in October.

19-384-Product_Primary_Image.jpg

KLIMS BLURB..
Powder, trail, snow or sun, the Adrenaline GTX® Boot is up to the challenge. This versatile boot incorporates breathable GORE-TEX® product technology to keep riders’ feet warm and dry. This boot is the next generation of technical superiority, patterned after the original Adrenaline, which was the industry’s first snowmobile specific GORE-TEX® boot. Non-bulky and insulated, this boot will stand with riders as they challenge anything that comes their way.

The difference in COMFORT for me (both pairs were the same size) has been striking!

This new version is significantly more comfortable to walk in and to stand in than was last years edition. While it is far too soon to have any long term report on durability, I am much happier just wearing this pair than I was last year's.

One thing I have noticed is that when lacing the boots up, once one of the lower laces has been pulled tight, it STAYS tight as I continue up the boot. Not a big deal, but it makes lacing them up nice and snug easier than before.

A
Sep 14, 2008
Klim boots

I am thinking of buying a pair of new Adrenaline boots but am concerned they will not be warm enough. Does anyone out there have an opinion? I have cold feet. I normally wear Sorel packs and stay warm in those but they are bulky.

S
I've been pretty happy with how warm my feet keep and my feet are usually the first part of me to get cold. On one of the coldest days (-20C or so I think) my feet got a bit chilled while standing around, but I never wear more than one thin pair of el cheapo socks, let alone wool socks or anything smart. In my case, my feet stay dry, and I think that helps the most.

The biggest thing I like about them is the ankle support. My feet simply don't feel sore like they used with my old sorels - huh, maybe hence the name...

At the end of the day, I'm not in a hurry to kick'em off. :)

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
I agree, My Klims are very warm, never had a problem with them being cold and I have been riding sled in -27 F... (north dakota) They are comfortable, light, and warm, everything a guy could want in a quality boot.

I will never own another brand of boots. Klim won me over...

CK

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I would have to agree with everyone else on this.
My feet have NEVER been cold in these boots and I wear just the thin sock that Klim offers.

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
Great boots

I was in the same boat as Christopher, I had the 08's and felt that they were a little lacking in ability to breath. I found my feet were getting wet from the heat not escaping. I upgraded to the 09's and found the issue was solved. These boots rock, and I've never once had cold feet this year:)

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cedar City, UT
fitment

I am looking to get a pair of thes boots and was wondering if the sizing runs small or big or normal. I cant find anyplace to try them on so I'm looking for answers online. Thanks

D
Nov 20, 2005
ie. u wear a 10 or 10 1/2 get the 11 these boots have a extra insole if the boot is a little big so that it will still fit. i wear a 9 1/2 new balance tennis shoe and bought the 10 i put the insert in and it is a very comfortable boot. i love them.. like i say what ever size u wear weather it is a even or odd just go up to the next one. hope that helps.

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
The Klim Adrenaline is the best boot I have worn. I wear a normal sock and throw a set of the Klim socks over the top. Your feet will stay warm and dry all day. If your looking for a new boot...your search is over.

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
boots and sox

I would have to agree with everyone else on this.
My feet have NEVER been cold in these boots and I wear just the thin sock that Klim offers.

I got my klim adrenaline boots in late 09 also. All I can say is WOW, my feet are never cold, never sweaty, and very comfortable. The breathable goretex works extremely well, my feet are never to hot or to cold. I was actually standing in a creek for about 5-10 minutes trying to get a snowmachine unstuck and the water was about 2-3 inches below the top of the boot, and my feet were still bone dry. However, I use the thick smartwool brand socks, just as good if not better than the klim socks IMO.

Premium Features