• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King's Hill 2019/20

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
We were up last Friday and the trails were great and the snow was spring conditions. Not a soft spot to be found but about 6" on top for good cooling.
Our grooming season is winding down maybe only a couple more times for the season, just too warm. I'm going to pick up trail markers later this week. Then ride when we can. Our steak fry at the groom haus has been canceled this year. If you see a Dept. of Transportation plow up there, stop him and thank them for the excellant plowing job through out the season. It's been a great season stay safe out there.

Jon

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
How have things been this year up there @LoneViper ? I'm down in Bozeman and have been mostly riding West and Cooke this year to dodge the crazy avvy conditions in the Bridgers and Carrot Basin area. Have a friend in Helena that really wants to give it a try though, so we're considering renting him a sled from OP Rental or something else and riding there, just wanted to see what the snow was looking like. Know it was bad in most areas till these last two weeks.

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
It was worse than bad until this last weekend when we got a little over 2'. Now it's cold for the next week and we are behind again on grooming.
Groomer runs if it is above -10 at the groomer shed otherwise we hold tight. Looks like we should get some work done. We were out Saturday and the trails were good with the snow on them. Probably tracked up by now though. Lots of hidden pockets of good snow though if you can stand the temps.

Jon

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
If anyone happens to use GaiaGPS, I put the whole "Kings Hill Snowmobile Map" in there as a public map because... I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Hopefully someone else finds it useful someday, I just like to be able to see slope estimates on the map while I'm making decisions on a ride.
Here it is, maybe others can see it.

Premium Features