• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King Cat steering post relocation??

S
Dec 2, 2007
I have heard that guys have been moving their steering posts to the front side of the hoop on King Cats. Is this a kit from someone/company or can u just move it?? Looks like the mag side carb would be in the way?? Any info would be helpful.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
cr racing makes a post that is bent to clear the carb. you need to clearance the mag motor mount somewhat but not to hard with a die-grinder and an aluminum bit. I think i also saw a simular post from fab-craft and wild child

Last edited:
S
Dec 2, 2007
Does anyone know how to find Wildchild? I have looked around a bit and cant seem to find anything about Wildchild steering posts. In looking around I did see some comments that the CR racing posts were breaking? Has anyone relocated their steering posts. I have heard it makes a huge difference in the ride and feel of the sled. Which post am I not going to have to worry about snapping off when pulling hard? Sorry for all the ?'s but I just don't know much about this.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
go to the old 4m and serch forward post or just go to members list in the w's and pm him. did the forward mount w/ it 2" taller and love it.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Thought about doing the post but I didnt. It seamed so much easier to just buy the ROX riser and push the bars forward with it. I am sure you dont get the exact same result but it sure does feel good.

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I have a WildChild post on mine, but it is just a "stock" bend. I had to clearance the rear right side motor mount and move the post over slightly to make it work but it is probably the best mod I could have done to it. Really moves the post forward about 6-7" and I put a 2" riser on top of that. I'm 6 feet and they are perfect height for me. Makes the sled feel completely different too. Rider forward rocks! If you are just using the stock post, I would recommend just getting a custom bent one from CR or WildChild because you will probably be bending your stocker in the near future. Just my opinion...

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Thought about doing the post but I didnt. It seamed so much easier to just buy the ROX riser and push the bars forward with it. I am sure you dont get the exact same result but it sure does feel good.

As Rixster says, it would be easier just to put a pivot riser on, however it only took me about 2-3 hours to complete the rider forward post relocation, including all the modifying. It really depends on how much you want to spend (mine was free as the WC post was already on the sled) and if you want to take off your skid, airbox, and carbs/throttle bodies.

Premium Features