• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos with 3 inch track

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The 2.6 works better then the OEM 3in in most snow applications.

That being said there are a number of aftermarket options which work better then both IMO.

BUT like most things track performance depends heavily on region and snow conditions and also desired snow conditions. What "trenches" to one person makes the sled light on the skis and playful for another.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
The 2.6 works better then the OEM 3in in most snow applications.

That being said there are a number of aftermarket options which work better then both IMO.

BUT like most things track performance depends heavily on region and snow conditions and also desired snow conditions. What "trenches" to one person makes the sled light on the skis and playful for another.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head !!

I would also agree, if you're looking for an "all around" track I would say the Polaris 3" probably is not that track, I would lean more towards the Polaris 2.6.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Depending on your snow conditions, the doo track works sooo good in my area. I have a camso 3.2 cut to 2.7-2.8 ", and I want a stiffer track.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I have not been impressed with the 2.6 in my area. The 3in seems to work well.

Sent it

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
id get the 2.6 if youre gonna boost it. ive seen the boost hit on a 3" model coming out of the trees into a steep climb and cause bad trenching. N/A sled, doesnt matter as much, a little more throttle control witht the 3" or rubber band it to the bars with the 2.6.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
The Polaris 3” folds over once it can’t evacuate the tunnel. That’s where the trenching comes in.
When it’s boosted it will feel like you hit an ice patch. Been there.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I did not like the 3" series 7 track on the 163 with a 800 due to trenching and push but it is night and day difference with the 174 850. The 174 spreads the forces and floats so well that it doesn't trench and the 850 spins the track so well that it doesn't hook and push when you want it to spin to make a direction change. I know the appeal for the 174 may be low if you are not in a area with deep snow but please don't say it's all about the lug height it is more about the track length and power plant to spin it adequately.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
3" tracks work great on the axys / khaos platform. That being said the stock 3" series 7 is not our favorite, lots of other options that will greatly increase the sleds performance.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Excited to see how the 2.75 works. Hoping it’s better than the 2.6 without the trenching of the Polaris 3”.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I think I would stay away from a 3” 155 Khaos, my 155 Pro is out of control in the steep stuff with an X3. I love it, works for the way I like to ride, but if the front end were any lighter it would be near impossible to climb anything super steep.

I bet a 3” 163 Khaos would be an animal.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I think I would stay away from a 3” 155 Khaos, my 155 Pro is out of control in the steep stuff with an X3. I love it, works for the way I like to ride, but if the front end were any lighter it would be near impossible to climb anything super steep.

The next question will be: How will the 2.75" 163 Khaos be??

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT

SHOCKS SHOCKS SHOCKS!
This is the name of the game on the 15x length sleds. I have a 153 kitty track on my khaos with the Fox QS3's and I can take that sled anywhere if not further then my 156 x3 Pro in the past. Being able to control transfer is what makes it go. Position 1 on FTS and 2/3 on the RTS and It soaks up bumps and climbs like a pro. Front on 3 and rear on 1 and it wheelies anywhere I ask. Such a rowdy combo. If the IQS kit wasn't so dang pricey that would be my dream kit. Able to totally change riding charachteristics without even leaving the running boards.

Also can confirm, the 162/163 3" khaos is an insanely capable sled. super fun and light on the skis but also just crazy capable for deep snow tech riding. It will make up for a lack of talent like you wouldnt believe.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
SHOCKS SHOCKS SHOCKS!
This is the name of the game on the 15x length sleds. I have a 153 kitty track on my khaos with the Fox QS3's and I can take that sled anywhere if not further then my 156 x3 Pro in the past. Being able to control transfer is what makes it go. Position 1 on FTS and 2/3 on the RTS and It soaks up bumps and climbs like a pro. Front on 3 and rear on 1 and it wheelies anywhere I ask. Such a rowdy combo. If the IQS kit wasn't so dang pricey that would be my dream kit. Able to totally change riding charachteristics without even leaving the running boards.

Also can confirm, the 162/163 3" khaos is an insanely capable sled. super fun and light on the skis but also just crazy capable for deep snow tech riding. It will make up for a lack of talent like you wouldnt believe.
Oh ya, setup is huge. I love how with the QS3/QSL a turn of the knob totally changes your sled (works as advertised thats for sure), but I really disliked the way my sled handled with the RTS locked... So I found myself on 2 all the time.

IQS would be awesome for mid climb adjustments, lock out the RTS till you’re over the top, and then go right back to play mode without ever taking your hands off the bars. Kudos to Cat here, hopefully the others follow.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
SHOCKS SHOCKS SHOCKS!

Just what I need! thanks.

C
Nov 19, 2009
Anyone know if the track manufacturers will make a 3.5 pitch 3.2 lug 165'' track 15''. I feel the 3.5'' pitch tracks work good for revelstoke. Not sure if the new 2.75'' will be as good. I know i didnt care for the 2.6''lug

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Composit M770 specs out to right about 3.2" actual height. Out of stock for a bit but they will make that. I know the design works well in snow with a bit of moisture like Revy so you should really enjoy that combo.

Premium Features