• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos / WE Velocity Shocks ??

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
I hope someone can come up with some good mountain riding baseline for the Velocity shock set up for my 2.75 165 khaos. I have my sled set up exactly as the owners manual specifies but just off the feel in the garage I’m guessing it’s not even going to be close seems pretty soft with a lot of sag inthe front and rear sitting in the middle of the stroke with me on it
We would recommend the ski shocks adding around 3/4" or so of preload to the coils. They come incredible soft and cause the nose to ride very low. This does allow the sled to roll front to back more on the center shock but the overall balance for day to day operation seems a bit off.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Okay........

So I ordered the 210 rear spring, for those guys who are running the 210 rear spring, what's a good setting to start with???

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Okay........

So I ordered the 210 rear spring, for those guys who are running the 210 rear spring, what's a good setting to start with???

The 210 is longer than the oem khaos spring.

I’m running the absolute minimum preload.
(As in nut against resi)

It’s very plush.

Works great for my 220#.

I use the low speed rebound to control wheelie. (5-7# boost depending on elevation)

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
For those guys who have run these shocks, how bad do the adjustment knobs on the skid shocks freeze up and load with snow/ice? I know my WE clickers were terrible to adjust when this happened.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
I’m one of the bigger guys as well around 245 ish. Mines not a Khaos but will be soon thanks to Ice Age. Z-bro’s heavier dual rates in the front - rear track shock is a custom spec big bodied shock through Fast Trax here in Washington. When I convert the rails I’ll replace the front track shock with z-bro’s as well. Just changed the shock oil in the fronts - after some time may revalve the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
For those guys who have run these shocks, how bad do the adjustment knobs on the skid shocks freeze up and load with snow/ice? I know my WE clickers were terrible to adjust when this happened.
Yours didn't come with the cool shock tool in the tool box?
Appears to be a double ended socket for each knob. I bet it works great.Khaos WE Velocity Tool.JPG

benltr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2013
Last year out of 4 sled, 2 PRO and 2 Khaos, all Khaos front shock had head of the shock going loose and leaking. Did they fix this ? I know there is new spring as well this year.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Okay guys,

How about a bump on this as we are getting into more riding. I'm hoping to head out within the next couple weeks, so hopefully I get some seat time!!

I'm 6' and about 250, I'm thinking this was going to be my starting point on suspension............

Ice Age "Elevate" spindles on the front.

Rear track shock spring / updated to the Polaris #210
*note -- clickers are measured from fully seated then backed off.

Rear track shock spring pre-load / About 3/16 (about max lose)
Low speed / 3
High speed / 4

Front track shock spring pre-load / 1/4"
Low speed / 3
High speed / 4

Ski shocks / pre-load / 7/8"
Low speed / 7
High speed / 3

As I look at these numbers, I wonder if my high speed (on all shocks) should be a little further out (softer) ?

Thoughts ???????

Last edited:

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
I have the 165, 850, Khaos. Have about 300 miles on it so far.
i am 215 crawling out of bed, so gotta be 260 or so ready to ride.
I find these springs quite stiff compared to previous rides, have rode every mountain sled Polaris has put out over the past 15 years or so. First ride I set the spring preloads similar to my 19 850, and was getting bucked all over like a poko stick.
This is where I am at now, and I think I will dial down the FSS and the RTS a bit more yet. The clickers are 2-3 clicks from full soft. they are easy to adjust when cold and full of snow, both high and low speed. They seem to have positive clicks so can adjust and feel clicks even with gloves on.
Not sure how hard of riding or how heavy one would need to be to need heavier weight springs.
This is just what’s working for me.

FFE57695-3C21-4DFD-BFF7-E926E82A2F42.jpeg 35ECFA02-E317-4D08-B2CF-67A2B13807C7.jpeg 2A68214B-7F0E-4A05-AA3D-09D341ED22E8.jpeg

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
165 Khaos , I too find the front track shock very stiff. Clickers backed right off and preload .
Softer spring[if there was one] and revalve are probably in order.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Curious for those of you that replaced the rear track shock spring with a heavier spring and left the FTS alone...... did you notice an immediate increase in ski pressure? I would think adding a stiffer spring would in essence increase RTS preload weighting the ski’s. Wondering if you do a RTS spring that you also need to change FTs to keep it balanced

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Curious for those of you that replaced the rear track shock spring with a heavier spring and left the FTS alone...... did you notice an immediate increase in ski pressure? I would think adding a stiffer spring would in essence increase RTS preload weighting the ski’s. Wondering if you do a RTS spring that you also need to change FTs to keep it balanced

From what I have come across thus far, from others (no seat time) is that it really depends on rider weight. If you're a bigger guy then the RTS spring is a must, obviously it stiffer but you also have more weight on it.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Nothing here about high/low speed adjustments, but still good basic shock tuning advice. I probably wouldn’t let someone else tell you what settings you should you use. Ride it and adjust to YOUR liking.

372172D4-FCAB-46B4-965C-B9103B4BAB46.jpeg

Premium Features