• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos / WE Velocity Shocks ??

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Nothing here about high/low speed adjustments, but still good basic shock tuning advice. I probably wouldn’t let someone else tell you what settings you should you use. Ride it and adjust to YOUR liking.
That looks like Jake from Raptors info.......which is good!!

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
Hey, for those who have changed the rear spring yourselves, how did you get the old spring off? I pulled the rear track shock out, loosened the spring as far as it would go but it's not enough. Do you need a spring compressor for this shock? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JP

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Hey, for those who have changed the rear spring yourselves, how did you get the old spring off? I pulled the rear track shock out, loosened the spring as far as it would go but it's not enough. Do you need a spring compressor for this shock? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JP
You need a spring compressor. I know the guys at my dealer really well, so I just ran over there and presto!!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Thanks,
JP
I just leaned on it and had a helper remove / reinstall the keeper.

not too bad.

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
Thanks FatDogX and Sheemetalfab, I ended up buying a spring compressor from a local auto parts store. It wasn't ideal as it was too big but I found a way to get it done. I appreciate the help.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
You could try a faster rebound setting on the rear shocks, it may help this.. When I raced atv mx, we called this packing from the rebound adjustment being too slow so the suspension wouldn’t fully rebound before it hits the next mogul. Each mogul puts the rear suspension further down in its travel because it hasn’t fully rebounded from the prior bump, eventually it bottoms out and sends the rear end flying.

I know what your saying but just for clarification for others....

Faster rebound is a softer setting / lower setting on the dial or clicker
Slower rebound is a harder setting / higher setting on the dial or clicker
You guys are talking rebound here. Just to clarify, the walker velocity shocks only have compression hi and low speed adjustments.

Premium Features