• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos shock adjustment

captcolby

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Seward, AK
I have read all of reviews about the Khaos being a wheelie machine. I just picked up a used 2020 850. I am wondering what adjustments will help to keep the front end down a little. I don't know much about the shock adjustments.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
i had my rear shock spring set close to where manual says and ended up tightening 3 more turns to tame the front. compression adjustment I have between 1/2 and 3/4 toward the stiff side. I don’t remember how many clicks of adjustment there is 12?

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
I have set my rear shock spring to match my weight, 2 turns tight from stock and run both the high speed and low speed on stiff settings,(around 2 or 3 clicks back from all the way stiff) I have also set my front track shock to the soft side. This worked good the last time out, it kept the front down to a little more pro like.

danby

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
mackenzie b.c canada
Once you get the spring set for your weight I found I only have to adjust the slow speed setting (black knob) and it will go from wheelie everywhere to keeping the skis 4"-6" off the snow.

Premium Features