• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos Rails on a Regular Pro RMK

P
Feb 9, 2019
The approach angle don't matter when it does not come in contact with the track... the rails have to be further into the snow to create any ski lift. The only difference between the rails is the tips and the tip is inches away from the track

P
Feb 9, 2019
That's how I measured mine to but I was on the floor and I got about 1/4 inch maybe 3/8. I then installed the raptor kit and I didn't gain any more, I actually lost some because the limit strap I got from raptor is shorter than my stock limiter strap. I emailed raptor they are supposed to call me tomorrow.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I got iceage 163 khaos rails and raptor conversion kit. I measured the front mounting bolt with the factory rails, 11.5 inches from ground. I installed khaos rails with stock limiter strap and shock. It still measures 11.5 inches.. I installed the raptor shock extender and started on the limiter strap only to find the raptor strap is shorter than my stock pro rmk strap. From what i can tell on a pro rmk install khaos rails and the mount the skid in the lower assault hole and save $100 bucks on the raptor scam

The lack of detailed limiter strap instructions had me thinking the same thing. The first time (3 or 4 actually) I assembled the limiter strap it was always the same length or shorter than stock. Once I folded/ routed it correctly, it was longer. Once you get it all installed, prepared to be impressed. Reduce the RTS spring rate (or at least reduce the preload over stock ProRMK)-- take it easy on a whooped out trail-- it will bottom if you are trying to snocross your way out there.

B
Jan 21, 2020
So I have a 2016 sks with fox floats all around. Is it possible to order the longer limiter strap and don’t change the rails. And will I need to covert my Fox shock to fit the extra length ?

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Finally took it out for two days of riding........ WOW! If you are looking for more playfulness...... Do it. The feeling on the skis is lighter and able to change direction better through running board inputs.

The sled defiinitely wheelies more and front end feels a lot lighter on climbs--- so if you are a chute slayer, this might not be the best option. I'm not a climber/ highmarker. My riding style has been described by others as "****-holing", I like finding drainages and tree riddled routes to ridgelines where I''m spending as much time traversing horizontally as I am straight up.

The other interesting thing I found with the wheelieing while climbing--- it's NOT a trenching wheelie, leading to a stuck. Now, I left some massive looking "turbo trenches" (normally aspirated), but did NOT get stuck.

I am sold on the geometry.

Everything Murph has stated is spot on. I did the 163 Ice age Khaos Bomber rails. (beautiful rails and look TOUGH) I also added the Raptor FTS conversion eyelet to my Raptor Kinetic shocks. After 4 days of riding! WOW this sled is so FUN and I think way easier to ride. And incase Murph was wondering, with this setup and a TURBO, I still didn't flip over backwards. It pulls the skis up but is still predictable, maybe my shocks help control that? The Kinetics are really good.

In comparison. This 163 pro rmk always felt heavy on the front no matter how I adjusted the suspension. I wanted it to have a light front like my 15 SBA 144x2 did.(that sled would lift the skis easily and was really fun! I wanted a 163 track length so I wouldn't get stuck all the dang time. I finally have the sled I've always wanted. It really is a great setup and I was more than impressed by how much it changed the feel of the sled.

Last edited:
P
Feb 9, 2019
Snowman. How tight do you have your fts adjusted to. What year of machine. I have a 15 pro rmk 155 and I installed iceage 163 khaos rails raptor shock conversion. I have the fts almost as tight as it will go. The rts is loose and this sled still rides like a tank in the front end.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Snowman. How tight do you have your fts adjusted to. What year of machine. I have a 15 pro rmk 155 and I installed iceage 163 khaos rails raptor shock conversion. I have the fts almost as tight as it will go. The rts is loose and this sled still rides like a tank in the front end.

My FTS is as loose as I can make it. RTS set to 10 5/8" and also tried it 1/4 inch stiffer as well. Both worked well. My sled is ROWDY. I love it. I think you have something set up wrong? Did you get the limiter strap adjusted right?? you did do the longer eyelet too?? I noticed you said your sled is a 15? that is a pro ride chassis. That may be why??

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I don’t mean to be a downer about it.....

But I spent way too much money and time modifying 3 different pro sleds trying to get close to a 2016 axys.

The Khaos blows the 2016 out of the water as a complete package.

(A big part of it is the added power and quickness of trackspeed)

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Finally took it out for two days of riding........ WOW! If you are looking for more playfulness...... Do it. The feeling on the skis is lighter and able to change direction better through running board inputs.

The sled defiinitely wheelies more and front end feels a lot lighter on climbs--- so if you are a chute slayer, this might not be the best option. I'm not a climber/ highmarker. My riding style has been described by others as "****-holing", I like finding drainages and tree riddled routes to ridgelines where I''m spending as much time traversing horizontally as I am straight up.

The other interesting thing I found with the wheelieing while climbing--- it's NOT a trenching wheelie, leading to a stuck. Now, I left some massive looking "turbo trenches" (normally aspirated), but did NOT get stuck.

I am sold on the geometry.
Nice - You ran the IceAge rails on a PRO with the Raptor kit? Normal bolt position form the front skid mount? I have Khaos rails coming for my AXYS - may want to do the same on my 13' Pro

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Anyone running the front arm in the lower hole? Worthwhile difference?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Anyone running the front arm in the lower hole? Worthwhile difference?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I talked to Ben from IceAge on my issue. For mine, since it has Axys spindles, he suggested installing the Khaos rails on my PRO. He thought that would do it for me. If not I could drop it into the lower hole. I think the concern with dropping the stock skid into the lower hole there is an increased risk of stabbing the track. An anti stab would probably be smart. The Khaos rails are more swept up almost identical to the Assault so it would work.

Another option with the Khaos rails is to add the extended Khaos limit strap and either have your front track shock lengthened or run Raptors eyelet extender. Either way you probably want to revalve the stock shock to get the full benefit.

All of the above, without Axys spindles, would be a little more playful. Having the Axys spindles on with the Khaos skid profile is like having an elevated Pro chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Everyone who has done the ice age khaos conversation"rails, shocks and limiter strap" on a 163 happy with the improvements. Thinking about doing there hole kit. Thanks

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Everyone who has done the ice age khaos conversation"rails, shocks and limiter strap" on a 163 happy with the improvements. Thinking about doing there hole kit. Thanks

My son did his on a 2020 PRO. I have everything on order for my 19’. Riding his was completely different then mine. Big improvement. Even pondering doing it on a 13 Pro chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features